3rd-Party Publishing?

Crel

I was looking around at Chaosium's submission stuff since I thought it could be fun to try writing some scenarios or an adventure, and it made me wonder what sort of third-party markets there are for Runequest. I know there's a long history of fanzines (like with Tales of the Reaching Moon), and that Chaosium's brought back Wyrms Footnotes but the submissions page seems a bit old and rusty, leading me to think that biennial publication isn't actually happening.

Does anyone else know of fanzines, third-party publishers, etc. who are making or planning to make stuff for RQG? 

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

I certainly got plans to do RQG stuff for Hearts in Glorantha and Gloranthan Adventures.  In fact, we snuck in a RQG stated Duck NPC for the recently finished Hearts in Glorantha #7 :)

Here are my submission guidelines if anyone is interested ;)

http://heartsinglorantha.d101games.com/submissions/

Edited by Newt
  • Like 2

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I suppose at this stage I'm just curious about everything, but I'd love to see fully-fledged 3rd party (even if it isn't open to submissions).

Part of how I remember D&D being so cool (3.5, and then Pathfinder) is how much content there was, which was other people's visions of the game, worlds, etc. IMHO while the OGL might not have been great for WotC business-wise, it was huge for the hobby. Some of my favorite content ever is 3rd-party.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Have you seen THIS submissions page?

Or THAT one?

Chaosium also has the DTRPG-partnered "Miskatonic Repository" for Call of Cthulhu fan/etc content.

They have stated that they are looking at the "MR" endeavor with an eye toward a similar RQG project, but I don't think they have yet announced whether it will or won't actually happen.

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 minutes ago, g33k said:

Have you seen THIS submissions page?

Or THAT one?

Chaosium also has the DTRPG-partnered "Miskatonic Repository" for Call of Cthulhu fan/etc content.

They have stated that they are looking at the "MR" endeavor with an eye toward a similar RQG project, but I don't think they have yet announced whether it will or won't actually happen.

I have! They're very exciting.

But, frankly, I don't think I'm good enough to submit to Chaosium. :D Not to mention it sounds like they're running at full capacity to get years and years worth of RQG supplements published. My thinking was to try cutting my chops on less professional markets. Though I appreciate the suggestion.

Something like WotC's DM's Guild for 5e would be really cool.

19 hours ago, g33k said:

We'll start on this some time next year, after the core books are out in print.

19 hours ago, Crel said:

Something like WotC's DM's Guild for 5e would be really cool.

That's exactly what the Miskatonic Repository is for Call of Cthulhu, and we'll be doing something similar for RuneQuest/Glorantha (name TBD).

• Like 5

Thanks @MOB. Wish I could use a reaction a wee bit stronger than "Like." 

And thanks for sharing, @7Tigers. Some of us don't aggressively follow everything that Chaosium ends up involved in. :P Appreciate the share.