Jump to content
Martin

Whatever Happened to the Cradle Baby?

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2018 at 1:57 AM, Pentallion said:

It wasn't really Harrek's circumnavigation, it was Argrath who was circling the ocean like an air rune, starting off with the Cradle.  So the Cradle is definitely a big part of the Opening.  Plus, it doesn't say ANYWHERE in the Cradle adventure that Dormal's opening ritual is used.  That fact right there says the the Opening began with the Cradle.

Unclear there. The Closing didn't hinder a bunch of Waertagi from riding Magasta's Pool down to the Underworld either. It may be that the Cradle's intended path was also on the list of acceptable dooms of the Closing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, Pentallion said:

It wasn't really Harrek's circumnavigation, it was Argrath who was circling the ocean like an air rune, starting off with the Cradle.  So the Cradle is definitely a big part of the Opening.  Plus, it doesn't say ANYWHERE in the Cradle adventure that Dormal's opening ritual is used.  That fact right there says the the Opening began with the Cradle.

Now THAT is a really good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JonL said:

Unclear there. The Closing didn't hinder a bunch of Waertagi from riding Magasta's Pool down to the Underworld either. It may be that the Cradle's intended path was also on the list of acceptable dooms of the Closing.

But didn't the Closing 'push' the Waertagi down Magasta's Pool? Not the same thing at all IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pentallion said:

But didn't the Closing 'push' the Waertagi down Magasta's Pool? Not the same thing at all IMO.

No, those Waertagi chose to sail down the Maelstrom rather than be pushed onto some dismal shore. Whether the Edrenlin shipwrecked Waertagi chose otherwise or whether they had lost control isn't exactly known.

Apparently a bunch of Waertagi managed to assist in the drowning of Jrustela. There were some messages to Seshnela hinting at this. But then the depopulation of Jrustela, including hundreds of dissidents who had emigrated from Brithos mere two centuries earlier, also eradicated any hints about their attackers.

Yet another group of Waertagi apparently sat out the Closing by anchoring their city ships, turning them into islands in the open seas, as per the story of Aftal the Waertagi in Missing Lands.

The great push that wrecked the God Learner fleet and plenty other ships caught in the waters occurred only on the wave-front of the Closing, and seems to have weakened as it proceeded. There are no reports of crushed ships in the Mirrorsea Bay or in Fonrit's floating city. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...