Jason Durall

RuneQuest Core Rules Questions

3 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Reposting because I think this one got lost in the deluge of questions.

It was not lost, and please don't re-post.

Some questions are easier and quicker to answer than others. 

Shield Questions

• If you make an attack with a shield, do you only loose the parry of  the shield, or do you also loose the ability to parry with a weapon held in the other hand? P219 shield attacks

You only lose your shield parry, having shifted it into an offensive position vs. a defensive one. 

• Can you make an attack with a shield and a weapon held in the other hand in the same round? RAW - weapon and shield use appear to be excluded from Two Weapon Use rulings p225.

If you decide to give up any parries with the shield that round, you can use it as if in two-weapon fighting. Basically your shield is now an ungainly disk-shaped club. 

• Is dodge restricted (like parry) if you make an attack with a shield? 

No. And again, only shield parrying is eliminated. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2018 at 4:55 PM, creativehum said:

HOW MANY ATTACKS/SPELLS PER ROUND?

MELEE ATTACKS WITH ONE WEAPON

If an adventurer is NOT splitting an attack or fighting with two weapons, it seems as if the adventurer only gets one melee attack per round. The rules (as far as I can tell) never state this, but looking at several passages in the book (specifically the way Splitting Attacks works on p. 202, which suggests that splitting attacks is how one makes multiple attacks with a single weapon in one round) and interpolating the texts, it seems as if even if a character had the SR for several Melee attacks, he or she could not make more than one attack. (The exception to this is Duel Wielding or Split Attacks.) Is this correct?

Yes. You get only one physical melee attack per round unless splitting attacks (or dual wielding). You may cast magic and then attack, if you've got enough strike ranks.  

MISSLIE WEAPON ATTACKS

As opposed to Melee Attacks, the user of a missile weapon gets to fire as many times last he weapon's Rate allows combined with any other SRs involving PC movement/actions. This seems clear, but I'm bringing it up in contrast to Melee Attacks to make sure I'm getting it right. 

Yes. Outside of the crunch of melee, you can fire quicker, every X strike ranks (X = yours + weapon's) up to the missile fire weapon's rate of fire. 

SPELL ATTACKS

I believe Rune Magic always goes off on SR 0, and thus only one Rune Spell per round. Correct?

Do Spirit Spells work as Melee Attacks, with only on spell per round? Or is a character able to cast as many spells as he or she can squeeze into the round?

Rune spells are one per round, happening at SR 1.  

Spirit magic can  be cast multiple times per round. See Magical Attacks and Strike Ranks, page 194. 

Digression - This is one of the great "problems" with how people perceive strike ranks. They're in a weird place between being a determination of what happens in what order and an action point allowance. 

Also, is there a difference between if one is in melee casting a spell vs. casting at range. So, if only one spell can be can when engaged, does this mean only one spell at range per round? Or are spells like some ranged weapons which allow multiple attacks per round?

Same either way. 

FOLLOW UP QUESTION ABOUT SPELLS PER ROUND

Is there any distinction between the kinds of spells that impose limits per round? That is: maybe an adventurer can cast only one combat spell of some kind per round, but multiple spells per round the are not combat? And if this is the case, is there a classification system for what counts as a combat spell as opposed to a combat spell? Or is the notion of an "attack" with a spell fluid and "you know it when you see it?"

Thank you.

No codified limits, other than the above. The rule that a subsequent spell costs an additional 5 SRs limits this functionally to three spells per round being cast... the first on SR 1, the second on SR 6, and the third on SR 11. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al. said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered and I've missed it.

Question: any plans to change the calculation that Knowledge and Perception have the same Skill Category modifier?

No. 

Countermagic has no effect on Detect spells. If you cast Detect Gold, you are aware of the gold armor Rurik Runespear is wearing - even if he has Shield 4 cast!

• Like 4

On 10/11/2018 at 6:28 AM, Queegueg said:

If a critical sword attack doing 18 damage is met by a normal parry, and the parrying weapon has 12hp, is the parrying weapon broken (as the attack & parry results chart seems to suggest), or is the parrying weapon just reduced to 10hp (as pg 200 suggests, under "parrying a critical hit").  

As per the chart, the defender's weapon takes the damage rolled and the excess goes to the defender. In this case, "twice the damage it would normally" is a clumsy way of saying it takes critical damage. 

Admin Hat: Please note - this thread is specifically for asking questions, as noted by Jason at the head of the thread. Questions will be responded to by Jason (RuneQuest Line Editor), and/or Jeff if he is so inclined.

On that, there is something Jeff would like to emphasise:

On 10/17/2018 at 7:17 PM, Jeff said:

One thing I would like to emphasise - the RuneQuest game rules are not computer code. They are like laws or regulations, which often need some construction to interpret how they work together. Some people might consider that a problem, but for me it is a source of flexibility, and creative potential. YGWV, but I am not inclined to have the rules written in such a manner that they try to resolve every possibility. Use your common sense and judgement.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 10:39 PM, Jonas said:

In the example on page 230, right column, the Pendragon rule of "high roll wins a tie of opposed rolls" seems to be used.

But that isn't right, is it? Considering that the updated pdf has changed the ambiguous wording on page 144.

Good catch! 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:42 AM, Atgxtg said:

Jason, does than mean that someone can blow down Countermagic on several people by casting an appropriate Detect spell boosted by lots of magic points? 

For example, lets say a group is walking into a a good ambush site an, wary of such, someone casts  Detect Enemies, and boosts it by 7 MPs, getting the spell up to 8 MPs. Now, will that Detect spell blow down  Countermagic spells of 6 points or less on any and all enemies within the range of the spell? 

Actually, let me clarify.

Detect does not affect or interact with Countermagic.

To keep it straight, Countermagic specifically prevents spells from affecting the target they're cast upon, while Detect spells do not affect the target. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

A few spell questions:

Create Fissure (p324) : Are all dimensions multiplied by the number of points in the spell, or just the depth? If you create it underneath a target do you have to overcome their POW or does it just work? Why DEX x 3 rather than Dodge to not fall in?

The spell's dimension overall dimension (5x1x5 meters) is multiplied by the magic points. 

It just works. No need for a resistance roll. The spell would say so if it were the case. 

DEXx3 is easier to keep track of for creatures that may not have Dodge skills defined. If you want, substitute Dodge.  

Create Shadow (p235): Can it be cast on a target and move with the target (earlier versions were immobile AFAIK?). If One point is enough to allow Dark Walk - does that mean I can cast both and become invisible and soundless for 15 minutes while moving around even in daylight (well there will be a bit of haze)?

It can move with the target, as it has a Movement Rate. 

You can cast Dark Walk and Create Shadow simultaneously. You may be a bit conspicuous, though, with a blurry darkish haze surrounding you. 

Dark Walk (p235): This is really a range Self spell isn't it? The implication is that it works on the caster. I guess it means that anyone attacking gets -75% to hit etc as per total darkness?Anyone more than 160m away can see the target normally if it's not night?

Yeah, range should be Self. Noted.

And yes to the rest. If you're out of range, you see the target of the spell. Anyone attacking you suffers penalties as if in pitch black. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 12:07 PM, Psullie said:

Slings are Damage Type C = Crushing but as a projectile they don't get a damage modifier so Slings don't benefit from a Special Hit?

Sling damage is already pretty high compared to other missile weapons. Also, generally speaking, your SIZ has nothing to do with your ability to hurl a sling stone harder, which makes the damage bonus feel a bit dubious as a modifier.

However, if if you feel like adding 1/2 damage bonus for normal hits, and doubling the maximum rollable for the special, that would be totally reasonable. 

On 10/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

One more:

Summon Elemental (p342): Can I summon an Elemental directly on someone within Range? Do I need a POW vs POW roll to do so? How much Create Shadow do I need to summon or maintain a darkness elemental in daytime: one pt, two, or more? I'm guessing two from the Create Shadow write up since that blocks daylight on Cave Trolls and Trollkin, or maybe one since that's enough for Dark Walk to work?

Generally speaking, you can't summon an elemental directly onto someone. An elemental is a living spirit which existed prior, and is manifesting cloaked in the element of its nature.

You would not need to make a resistance roll because you're not attacking another entity (the target) by summoning a third entity (the elemental), though you may direct that elemental at the intended target. 

I would say 2 points to maintain a darkness elemental in daytime (as it needs to be darkness, not just shadow) but the GM should be the one making that call. Is it noon with the sun directly overhead? Is it morning or evening with long, stark shadows? This is where a common sense call should be made vs deriving situation guidelines and modifiers for every conceivable situation. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:38 PM, Joerg said:

Rune Spells and Strike Rank

from movement:

Rurik still needs to run through 12 meters of tunnel before he can cast his Sunspear. Can he cast it the same melee round he arrives (on SR 6, assuming a DEX SR of 2)?

I would say yes, unless Rurik is engaged in combat at the time. 

boosted:

That Zorak Zorani clearly has Berserk running, so Vasana adds two MP to her Lightning spell to overcome the countermagic effect. When does the Lightning strike?

See page 194. The Rune spell is at strike rank 1, plus 1 for each magic point after the first. So in this case, strike rank 2. 

as support:

Seeing Vasana receiving a blow that renders her sword arm unusable on SR 6, Yanioth (who has been hanging back this melee round) applies a Heal Wound for 6MP. When does this take effect? Would a Heal Body without any need to boost with MP be faster?

Let's use common sense.

Strike ranks determine when an action happens in a round, after the declaration of actions.  

Yanioth has no way to know that she will need to cast Heal Wound with 6 magic points right after strike rank 7. Vasana is also in the middle of a melee, and Yanioth is hanging back. She would need to see that Vasana is wounded, move into the melee, and lay a hand on Vasana's incapacitated limb to have the spell work. 

As a gamemaster, if and only if Yanioth said that she was specifically hanging out waiting to cast a Heal Wound spell on Vasana, I would ask her to make an INTx3 roll to see how quickly she can assess the situation and react, and maybe a DEXx3 roll to see if she could step into the fight and successfully grab someone who's only second beforehand reeling back in pain from being struck. 

And as noted above, Heal Wound is a Rune spell and takes 1 strike rank to cast +1 per magic point after the first. So a Heal Wound spell boosted with 6 magic points would take 6 strike ranks. In the miracle that Yanioth was able to near-instantaneously assess and react, her spell would take effect on strike rank 12.

If Yanioth didn't announce that her intent was to specifically be ready to cast Heal Wound on Vasana, I would say the spell happens next round on strike rank 6. 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:53 PM, Brootse said:

Can your primary or secondary Rune Affinities, or your Homeland characteristic modifiers raise your characteristics over the species maximum? Eg. is the maximum SIZ of a Bison Rider 18, 20, or 22?

No. Your species max is your species max, unless boosted by some way through some other (likely divine) means. 

That said, some non-player characters may have transcended these maximums through such avenues. 

• Sad 1

On 10/18/2018 at 12:10 PM, Caras said:

How does Dismiss Magic work on Runespells with extension?

As normal. 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:10 PM, Caras said:

Does extension make the main spell bigger and harder to dismiss?

Why would it do that? 

Extension makes the spell last longer. That's all it does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 4:50 AM, HreshtIronBorne said:

If I am playing my Humakti and I cast Sword Trance and stack 20 magic points in it I gain 200% to hit.

Correct. 

If I have 100% to hit with my Greatsword normally I would go to 300%. If this Humakti decides to split his attacks against ambushing Lunars, he can hit 3 in a round at 100 each, correct?

Incorrect. 

Here's the text on Splitting Attacks from page 202: 

Splitting Attacks
An adventurer may split attacks if and only if each attack is 50% or higher. Thus, an adventurer can only split attacks with a natural skill rating of 100% or higher with the weapon (magical benefits or augments that bring a skill over 100% do not count in this case).

If his skill was 101% naturally, then he could split his attack 50/51%, and as a GM I'd rule that the bonus would be split evenly, for two attacks at 150% and 151% 

What % would he parry with his greatsword at for the round?

300% for the first, -20% for each additional parry.  

If he decides not to split his attack then he would be at 300 and reduce his opponents chance to parry by 200 percentiles, leaving the Humakti at 100, but with what % crit or hit.

The special and critical ranges are based on the modified chance, so if your Humakti's skill was at 100% because he was reducing other attackers' chances to hit, then he'd hit/special/crit as if his skill was 100%. 

Also, where in all this do we factor Bladesharp? Pre or post splitting or reducing for over 100?

You would add it in with the modifiers for Sword Trance, until either expires. Generally speaking, you can't pick and choose when magical modifiers come into play if they're both cast on the same item at the same time. 

This Humakti in particular has a Dex SR 1, Size SR 1, and swings an iron greatsword, so SR 1 weapon. 

His strike rank is 3 for his first attack, and 6 if he is able to attack again. 

Don't forget the strike ranks for casting the spells, in the initial rounds they're being cast. Unless he's casting Sword Trance before the battle, it's going to take 1 strike rank for the Rune spell + 19 strike ranks for the magic points. So that spell takes him a full combat round and an additional six strike ranks into the next. He'll need to cast Bladesharp for even more strike ranks. Hopefully an opportunistic foe won't see what he's up to and attempt to disrupt him or throw off his concentration. 

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Marc said:

A couple of questions about Protective Circle:

1. Can Spirit or Rune magic spells be cast on a Protective Circle, becoming part of it? I assume no, but I've got a player that thinks they can.

I believe so, but I'll check with Jeff when he's available. 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Marc said:

2. Is the Range, Duration, and Strength of the spell cast on the Circle effected by the Circle?  

No. 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:08 PM, Ryo said:

Thank you for spending your precious time to answer questions!

<Q1> Bound Spirt's magic points and spells

On page 357(Capturing Spirits with the Fetch), 

"These spirits act as if they are Bound (see page 249); the shaman may cast spells possessed by the spirits, draw on their magic points, release them to perform desired functions, etc."

Sorry I found its clear description on page 366. Please disregard this quetion. However, “Binding enchantment” on page 249 does not say clearly on it. Thus, the reference may also include page 249.

Is this a rules question or a suggested correction? 

<Q2> Fetch's magic points usage

Fetch and Discorporation (on page 356):
"When discorporate, the shaman cannot use the fetch’s magic points to defend or attack, though they can use the fetch’s magic points to fuel spells. "

"A discorporate shaman does not use their fetch’s magic points for defense while traveling in the Spirit World."

Fetches and Combat (on page 356):
"The shaman may always draw upon the fetch’s magic points in spirit combat, but not for attack or defense."

In these sentences, I cannot understand what "attack" and "defense" means. It seems to be a legacy from RQ3. If not so, please show some examples or clarifications.

Defense = casting defensive magic to protect yourself from harm. 

Attack = casting offensive magic to cause another being harm. 

<Q3>Fetch's magic points recovery rate
"What the Fetch Provides the Shaman" on page 356
"The fetch’s magic points regenerate at the normal rate, in parallel with the shaman’s. If the fetch’s POW is 12, for example, it regains 1 magic point every two hours."

"Second POW" on age 358
"This additional POW regenerates magic points at the same rate as the shaman’s own magic point regeneration."

These rules seem to contradict each other. I wish you would clarify the recovery rate of the fetch's magic points.

Use the fetch's POW to determine the fetch's magic point recovery rate. 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, Mechashef said:

Does the Silence spell have to be used with the Move Quietly skill or does it have other applications (such as suppressing the noise of a person or horse when they are moving without attempting a Move Quietly roll)?

When used with Move Quietly does it only remove the penalty for noisy armour or does it have other effects (such as changing a fail to a success)?

The spell suppresses normal movement sounds, unless they are deliberately (or disastrously) made. 

The sounds generated while walking around in your armor (bronze chain rustling against bronze plates, sword scabbard rubbing against your hip, leather squeaking, sandals slapping on the ground, breathing, etc.) will be suppressed, as will the clop-clop of your horse's hooves. 

So no, you don't have to make a Move Quietly roll, but if you want to do anything specific that isn't naturalistic movement, you should take that precaution. 

It doesn't shift a success... it's a binary thing. It covers some things, but not others. If you engage in combat while under the spell's effect, the onlookers would see you, hear your combat sounds, but would not hear your normal movement sounds (except in the case of a fumble). 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:36 PM, Michael Cule said:

Still going on about shamans:

When an apprentice shaman becomes a shaman, what happens to his Loyalty: Shaman score? 

Nothing. The Loyalty is to the individual, not to the rank or the relationship. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 8:01 PM, Roy said:

In regards to replenishing Rune points

Magic Points

Initiates and Rune Masters must sacrifice at least 2 magic points during a Worship ritual to their deity. For each additional magic point sacrificed, they get a +10% bonus to their Worship skill during that ritual. Magic points sacrificed regenerate normally

I think I'm missing something. Is this saying that a player can spend magic points to give himself a 100% chance of recovering rune points and those magic points will return within 24 hours. That's not much of a sacrifice. Am i missing something?

That's as intended. You're supposed to be able to commune with your god easily through Worship and regain your Rune points. Your god wants you to to have them. You run a small risk of being magic point shy for the day after a worship ceremony, but that's a small price to pay for the power conferred by your returned Rune points. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, Chaos said:

Jason Durall -

I appreciate your offer to answer questions about the RuneQuest Core Rules!

My friends and I recently started a new campaign, so it is great to be able to ask one of the authors about the rules. Of course, there is always Rule Zero (the GM is always right) and YGMV (Your Glorantha May Vary), but it is nice to know what the game designer intended for a particular situation.

Happy to be of help, though it's always a balancing act between getting stuff done on new material and spending time on the forum! :)

One meta-question, is this thread only for you to answer questions, or is it for anyone to answer? I see some other helpful people answering questions already, but sometimes it is confusing to have both your "official" answers along with other people's answers in the same thread.

This thread, as stated prior, is for official answers. However well-meaning the other posters are, they're not supposed to be posting here with anything other than questions. The whole rest of the forum is good for that. 

Here's my first actual rules question. I have the 2018-10-10 version of the PDF.

p.215

Are Leather Vambraces ENC 0, or should they be ENC (2), as per Leather Greaves? All the other Leather armor increased from ENC 0 after the 2018-07-01 version of the PDF.

They should be (2). 

On 11/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, Tupper said:

Do Runelords always need a Charisma of 18?

No, but almost all human Rune Lord cults do. 

The core book deals exclusively with human adventurers. 

The core book, page 280, says "They [Rune Lords] must possess a CHA of at least 18".  However, some cults (e.g. Humakt, Kyger Litor, and Zorak Zoran) mention this requirement specifically in their cult write-ups, suggesting that it may not be a requirement across all cults.  

It is clarified where it seems necessary. 

In particular, this requirement is a problem for Tusk Riders (and some breeds of trolls) who cannot achieve a CHA of 18 (due to having 1D6 or 2D6 for CHA).  

The requirements for the Leaders (Bloody Tusk Rune Lords) do not include CHA. See page 70 of the Glorantha Bestiary for more info. (available in .pdf, soon in stores!) 

For Kyger Litor, becoming a Karrg's Son (Rune Lord) requires a CHA 18+, which pretty much limits it to Mistress Race and dark trolls. It is much easier to become a priestess in this cult, with no CHA requirement. 

For a Death Lord in the Zorak Zoran cult, the requirement is the same. 

In the adventure booklet, Xiobalg is described as "ready to claim Rune Lord status on his return to the Ivory Plinth", yet he has a Charisma of 4, suggesting the CHA 18 requirement might not apply to the cult of the Bloody Tusk.

See above. 

It's not intended to be equitable: these harsh gods want the most charismatic leaders to serve in positions of power within their ranks. 

That said, it is ultimately your RuneQuest, your Glorantha. An exceptional character can potentially have the requirements waived through notable service to the god and/or the cult, or through some other exemplary attributes. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, Ryo said:

Sorry for posting again...

<Q1>Excess damage after successful parry with a shield

"A Successful Parry" on page 198:

"In most cases, a hit to a shield damages the arm wielding it."

An example on page 204:

"Since he parried successfully, the attack goes through to his arm, which is clad in a 6-point plate vambrace."

"Notes on Shield Use" on page 218:

"Any damage taken by the shield above what the shield can absorb in one blow is inflicted on the hit location originally rolled in the attack."

The last rule is different from the former descriptions. Which is right?

Go with the shield arm, which is the common-sense solution. If you intercept an attack with a shield and the shield is pierced, it will hurt your arm.  

On 10/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, Ryo said:

<Q2>Attack & Parry Result table

When there is any excess damage, there are two descriptions:

"Any excess damage goes to adjacent hit location."

"Any excess damage goes to the affected hit location."

Please clarify the difference between "adjacent" and "affected," if any.

Thank you again!

It's just a wording discrepancy. It goes to the adjacent hit location. For a shield, that's the arm. 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, Skovari said:

So let's say with a ton of magic up my berserk Storm Bull Lord has a 250% attack.  The broo he is trying to kill has a dodge of 55% that he is opposing him with.  Which of the following happens:

1) I have to use all of my extra 150% on my attack to lower his dodge and we end up with a 100% attack and a 5% dodge.   Thus lowering my critical and special chances to the 5/20% levels because my attack is 100%.  The dodge would just have a 1% critical also I assume being lowered to 5%.

Everything over 100%. You can distribute the excess skill points as modifiers to multiple attacks/attackers, if desired. As a GM, I'd let you apply those excess skill points as a negative modifier when you're parrying, if desired. 

As a GM I'd also be inclined to let you use those points to affect other actions the broo attempts, such as its own attacks, or even actions it performs unrelated to attacking/dodging you. You've basically woven a net of bronze (or iron!) around it and it is at a huge disadvantage. 

2) I only have to use 50% of my extra attack because that is enough to take his dodge down to 5% and end up with a 200% attack and a 5% dodge.  Thus having critical and special chances at the 10/40% levels because my attack is 200%.  Again the dodge just having a 1% critical again being lowered.

See above. 

3) I don't KNOW what my opponents dodge percent is and I have to guess / pick an amount to lower my attack by?  And in doing so end up with some new attack and dodge % with appropriate criticals / specials.

Why would you know what an NPC's exact Dodge skill % is, other than in very general terms by watching them perform dodges in combat? This is information for the GM. Your attack becomes 100%. 

This can apply to any opposed roll of course, just using combat as the example here.

And editing to say if 1 is the answer, it seems like it is penalizing the higher skill person more as they are giving up perhaps alot of critical and special success chance.

You have reduced a fairly competent opponent (Dodge 55%, better than 1 in 2) to having a 05% (1 in 20) chance of success (the absolute minimum). Your chance of a special is 10 times theirs, and a critical 20 times theirs.

You are also mentioning that you've magicked up your skill to 250%, you're likely inflicting a lot more damage than normal as well. I'm not sure what the huge problem here is.

Please imagine the roles reversed, where you have a broo with 250% attacking you and you've got Dodge 55%. Which condition out of the three you suggest above would you rather have be the case? 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2018 at 11:54 PM, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

Do projected missiles get a full, halved or no damage bonus? The section on p 213 says that thrown weapons get DB halved, which is fine, but I can't see anything explicitly saying whether projected missiles get a DB or not. The box section on p200 just says an attack gets weapon damage + DB. None of the example PCs have a DB listed for their missile weapons. Firearrow, however says "damage bonus still applies, halved for missile weapons as normal" but it could just be referring to thrown weapons (it should probably distinguish between thrown and projected weapons if so). Hendroste the Horsemaster has a DB listed for his bow, but the other PCs in Apple Lane don't. A quick look through the Bestiary didn't come up with any DBs for projected weapons.

So on balance there are lots of examples which seem to indicate that they probably don't, but enough counterexamples to make me slightly unsure. Presumably you could pay more for a special bow that does give you your DB (or half DB).

RQ2 doesn't seem to say explicitly either, but it does have the half-DB rule for thrown weapons. I guess it makes sense if you are buying an off-the-shelf bow that as it's doing the projecting it doesn't give a DB.

Self-propelled/thrown weapons should get half the DB, with bows, crossbows, etc. receiving no bonus to DB. 

That should be clarified better. My apologies for the confusion. 

• Like 1