RuneQuest GM Screen Pack Corrections Thread - PDF 11 Oct 2018

MOB

Today we have released an updated PDF of the RuneQuest Core Rules, the RuneQuest Bestiary, and the Adventures Book and Resources Book from the Gamemaster Screen Pack. This incorporates any corrections made based on the previous "tribal edit" thread.

These updated PDFs are available to download from your Chaosium account or your DTRPG account.

This is a new thread to catch any typos or errors spotted in the RuneQuest GM Screen Pack. Please note them here, quoting the page number, the error, and the suggested correction.

PLEASE ONLY USE THE PDF OF 11 OCTOBER 2018 AS THE REVIEW DOCUMENT - note, only the Adventures Book and Resources Book have been changed in this update.

There are separate correction threads for the updated PDFs of the RQG Core Rules and Bestiary.

Any approved corrections will go into subsequent updates of the PDFs and printing of the books.

nb If you have any questions about the RuneQuest rules, ask Jason here: https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/8399-runequest-core-rules-questions

Many thanks.

• Thanks 3

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

Ok I'm just going to literally copy and paste the very first error that was pointed out in the previous GM Pack correction thread!

cha0429_rq_gm_reference
Page 8
Skill Augments

Success should not subtract 20% from the ability!

Has it really gone to print with this error still in?

Edited by PhilHibbs

Adventure Book, p.21 - both Kolmhy and Kangharl are shown as Tribal King (1615-1625) on the same row of the chart. For Kolmhy, this is an error: he isn't in the Colymar Kings List on pages 11-12. Also, Kallai's father is shown as Kolmhy the Priest on p.21 but named as "Korlmhy the Priest" (twice) on p.12. Stick to one version of the name. Also, it's very likely that Kangharl's brother was named after his grandfather, the famous Korlmhy the Priest, and should therefore also be a Korlmhy.

Adventure Book, map of Clearwine p.32-33: the numbering scheme doesn't match the text on pages 34-36, which is very confusing. Either rearrange the text or else renumber the map, please. If you'd like me to set out in detail what's wrong, please advise.

• Like 1

Adventure Book, page 41: now you've personalised the boss's mount's name, you should call the mounts on this page "Demi-bird One" & "Demi-bird Two," to match their riders "Beaked Dragonewt One" & "Beaked Dragonewt Two". (They are currently numbered "Two" and "Three").

Clearwine Map (separate download): a typo corrected in the book is still present in the downloaded version ("17. Hero's Trial" s/be "Trail"), and the numbering is wrong in both versions.

I'd suggest adding Rune Fixes (or any more up to date FAQ/errata document) and a one-page printable version of the Apple Lane map on p.70-71 of the Adventure Book as separate downloads in this bundle.

• Like 1

to reflect Jason's comment in the other thread

"Thus, a spell with the Focused quality would require a focus, rather than just being faster to cast with one."

Can this be added to the list of Magic Terms on P. 16 of the reference as it's not explicit. 

10 hours ago, Steve said:

By "Resources book", do you mean the GM reference? I can't find anything called Resources, though sorry if I'm missing something.

I'm in the same boat.  What is the Resources Book?

And perhaps some way on the download page to place the date it was updated might help?

Not very important, but or my nit-picking heart's sake please change the NPC Character Sheet's title to either Non-Player Character Sheet or NPC Sheet. (Insert your own "ATM machine", "PIN number" joke here.) 🙂

• Haha 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

GM References Booklet 

Page 8: Augments Table

A Success should yield a +20% result

(not a -20% result as indicated on the table)

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

p51 Tarndisi and the Shanassee Tree have more Rune Points (30) than their Charisma (24 and 20 respectively). Do Allied spirits add their to the Priest's CHA for the Priest and the Priest add their CHA to the Ally's?

p61 The two Uleria Initiates are also Initiates of another Cult, but have no Rune Point or Special Rune Spell for those other Cults.

Thanks, all!

Printers hate it when we switch out too many pages, and it creates the margin of error, so we've at this point triaged edits into "edits we absolutely have to make" and "glitches we can cover in an errata sheet." 

Anything coming in beyond this is grist for an errata page, but the print edit window is officially closed.  

• MOB unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic
  • 2 years later...