Change log for updated PDF's

Marc

Page 206: 2nd column, Example second paragraph, replaced last three sentences with "The damage is maximum damage plus rolled damage for an impaling attack, with the rolled damage modifier added. In this case, the roll is an exceptionally good one, with the result of 7 (max of 1D6+1), 4 (1D6+1) and 4 (1D4). The broo's attack does 15 points of total damage." In the next paragraph both instances of "17" are replaced with "15".

The example is still incorrect or inconsistent with how critical damage is defined elsewhere.

From Page 203 of the 2nd Printing PDF:

If the impale is also a critical hit, then the maximum possible impaling damage (14 points in the case of the short spear) is done to the victim, to which is added any damage bonus and any extra damage from spells.

Edited by daskindt
Removed snark.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:13 PM, Rick Meints said:

Page 224: Two Weapon Use topic, first bullet changed to "...may use them for two attacks or attacking with one and parrying with the other, as desired."

Isn't this in contradiction with what @Jason Durall explained earlier ?

It seems to me he explained you can do 2 attacks, one at first weapon SR, and the second at (sum of both weapon's SRs) with second weapon, and parry with either weapon as many times as your skill allows.

Edited by Mugen

To all in this thread:

Please, be mindful that I am ONLY reporting what was changed in the rulebook for the second printing. This is not the place to debate, dispute, or disagree with what was changed. Please address those questions and concerns with Jason in his "ask Jason" rules questions thread, as opposed to doing so here. We absolutely do care and want to get things right, and as clearly expressed in the rulebook as possible. This thread will only dilute the chance of those comments being addressed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

8 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

To all in this thread:

Please, be mindful that I am ONLY reporting what was changed in the rulebook for the second printing. This is not the place to debate, dispute, or disagree with what was changed. Please address those questions and concerns with Jason in his "ask Jason" rules questions thread, as opposed to doing so here. We absolutely do care and want to get things right, and as clearly expressed in the rulebook as possible. This thread will only dilute the chance of those comments being addressed.

As for myself, my intent was absolutely not to debate about or disagree with anything here, but report what I think is a discrepancy between the rules as written and an explanation given by @Jason Durall.

I'm perfectly fine with the explanation given, and my feeling was he could get tired of seeing the same question again.

Edited by Mugen

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Which one, just the Core or the Bestiary and the screen?

That was referring to the core rulebook (and remember, the post was back in November). The GM Reference was last updated some time in the middle of October, but I'm not sure when it was uploaded, possibly around the same time.

*Edit* Same day, apparently.

Edited by PhilHibbs

12 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

That was referring to the core rulebook (and remember, the post was back in November). The GM Reference was last updated some time in the middle of October, but I'm not sure when it was uploaded, possibly around the same time.

*Edit* Same day, apparently.

Thanks,

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!