Chaotic Feature, Chaos Rune

10baseT

My gut says initially no, but as they continued to dabble it could happen. Maybe gaining the Chaos Rune would depend on if the creature received the Chaos Gift intentionally or unintentionally. E.g., a Priest of the Red Goddess using Chaos Gift would probably gain it (if she didn't already have it!).

In any case, I'd say the Rune starts at 60%, like when an adventurer gains a new Passion.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Touch of Chaos In the Bestairy page 94 pretty much covers this. A chaos feature gives 60% chaos rune plus 20% per extra feature and an increasing chance of turning into a broo. IMO any dabbling below 60% gives you a taint, with everytime it increases rolling for a feature with the rune as the % chance. Once you get a feature, straight to 60%.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

My personal instinct is to link the "chaos taint" with the "chaos rune percentage", and to say that due to the nature of Chaos, the taint and the percentage cannot be reduced other than through somehow achieving the impossible. I'm open to the two being separate, however, with the percentage being the character's ability to call upon their relationship to Chaos, which could go up or down. David appears to be supporting the former camp. with the automatic 60%, CMIIW.

Thanks this helped. I going to forego the 10% cumulative changing to a broo since the feature wasnt received from a Thed Rune spell but the PC now has the Chaos Rune at 60%. Can it augment? I like that question... can i tempt the player with the benefits it could bring (as they slowly slip to chaos on the backend). This will be fun to roleplay.

(A Humakti offsrping, Sword of Humakt, of K'Rana from Dorastor made an appearance and my Humakti player was literally at a loss... it was a blast roleplaying, just fun!)

The chaos rune can be gotten rid of and it's not impossible.  the Cleansed One Quest is but one example.  Other cults have other ways.  In my campaign, Humakt can sever chaos if one of their members gets tainted.  Naturally, it requires a Heroquest, whether on the mundane plane, like Cleansed One, or on the Hero Plane like Sever Chaos for Humakt, is up to the GM.

Edited by Pentallion

4 hours ago, Pentallion said:

The chaos rune can be gotten rid of and it's not impossible.  the Cleansed One Quest is but one example.  Other cults have other ways.  In my campaign, Humakt can sever chaos if one of their members gets tainted.  Naturally, it requires a Heroquest, whether on the mundane plane, like Cleansed One, or on the Hero Plane like Sever Chaos for Humakt, is up to the GM.

It is impossible. However, the impossible has been done on several occasions.

• Like 2