Narl's Apple Lane Campaign Report

Narl

Is Sky/Fire really about sharing secrets? I don't think so. Showing off privilege, yes, but sharing it?

Lhankor Mhy is a consort of Light, and while his temples do share knowledge, they do so only for a hefty fee. Buserian and Irrippi Ontor work on pretty much the same premise.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

7 hours ago, g33k said:

Yeah; it's the conjunction of darkness and secrets that make me think Primal Dark.  I guess it depends on whether Alusar is more attuned to keeping secrets or uncovering/sharing them.  Keeping secrets sounds solidly Darkness to me; sharing what is uncovered is pretty Fire/Sky.

YGMV

Asking a cat to share their secrets is a pretty pointless endeavor. They do so only at their own initiative.

Though it was Alusar who knew that Yelm entered the Underworld by the Western Gate. http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Alusar

The fact that he told Orlanth may be a story in itself: no doubt Orlanth asked everyone, but forgot about the little black cat sleeping in Ernalda's basket.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 1:19 PM, womble said:

How did you 'model' the impact of the stampede on the combat, @Narl? Or was it sufficiently spatially separated that it was just some herding rolls for the character tasked with getting them corralled? 

The bison rider moved to protect some of the party members on foot, the others were far enough out of the way. Though I could have made it more "interesting" I wanted the adventurers to focus on the interaction with Idrima and the potential for Danakos lurking about.

129/420

On 11/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, Crel said:

That was the thrust of my thought too, on the complexity of the encounter. I imagined a bison, Stone Woman, adventurers, and then like twenty cows all crowded onto the board at once :D 

We were doing theater of the mind. If we were using a map that may have led us to play it out differently.

129/420

On 11/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, jeffjerwin said:

Alusar is the child of Yinkin who is demigod of sneaky black cats. The simplest explanation is that Slythin is a lesser godling, perhaps a child of Alusar, like the sorts of minor gods and spirits one meets in the wilds. Alusar likes to keep secrets and move about by night, doing sekrit cat biznes.

Thanks, that is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I am going to add the spy element and Slythin will have some hidden knowledge she learned through spying. One thing I had already started for Slythin is that she pushes Iverne to aid and stay with the adventurers (particularly the Orlanthi) and that seems to fit with Alusar having aided Orlanth.

129/420