Clan generation for RQG

Alensin

Hi ALl,

I'm a relative newcomer to Glorantha, having discovered it first via King of Dragon Pass, and then going on a HeroQuest buying binge a while back.

However, I'm increasingly intrigued by RQG and its somewhat "heavier," approach to the setting. 

I'm wondering if there's any equivalent to the Sartar clan questionnaire in preparation for RQ? If not, maybe something fan-made could be produced?

I don't quite know how RQG plans to handle clans, aside from the obvious "Sacred time," rules in Previous Adventures and so forth.

Any thoughts on this question would be appreciated :)

I don't really know of the questionnaire you're familiar with, but the GM Screen Pack has an adventure book which includes short (or short-ish) writeups on the clans of the Colymar Tribe, which would probably be a good place to start. I know The Coming Storm (for HeroQuest) has a lot of information on the Red Cow clan; I've skimmed this, but not actually read it. I'm (ideally) going to be starting a campaign of my own next week, and my plan is to just have the players make up names for their tribe/clan if something doesn't catch their eye, and then I'll try to thread that in occasionally as we play. But I'm not really planning a clan-focused game.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

21 hours ago, Alensin said:

I'm wondering if there's any equivalent to the Sartar clan questionnaire in preparation for RQ? If not, maybe something fan-made could be produced?

My experience is that the clan questionnaire still works well for RQG. The various clan runes and abilities are more background info than anything mechanical for the game, but they're rather informative for filling out the local color.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, Crel said:

my plan is to just have the players make up names for their tribe/clan if something doesn't catch their eye, and then I'll try to thread that in occasionally as we play

Most clans have multiple names so easy to blend together.  Usually one is related to the clan founder and another related to an aspect of their wyter and a third may be based on reputation.  E.g. the Orlmarthi clan of the Colymar is also known as the Woodpecker clan for their wyter, as the Starfire clan for living beside the Starfire Ridges, and the Keepers of Secrets for their special lore.