Just got the RQG core book...

drablak

Ok, I've been reading the PDF since I ordered the book 8 days ago, and I just got the book delivered. I knew it was a gorgeous book from the PDF, but really, I'm just blown away actually holding this in my hands. I've accumulated a lot of game materials in the past 35 years, but this is clearly the most gorgeous book in my collection. Well done Chaosium! It's a fitting tribute to Greg Stafford.

Thank you.

• Like 12

On 11/2/2018 at 6:41 PM, drablak said:

Ok, I've been reading the PDF since I ordered the book 8 days ago, and I just got the book delivered. I knew it was a gorgeous book from the PDF, but really, I'm just blown away actually holding this in my hands. I've accumulated a lot of game materials in the past 35 years, but this is clearly the most gorgeous book in my collection. Well done Chaosium! It's a fitting tribute to Greg Stafford.

Thank you.

100% agreement. I may have my own quibbles and opinions here and there, but the production and art quality in this book is astounding, some of the best I've ever encountered in gaming. The old black & white line art blends really well with the brightly colored cartoonish or watercolored style. It's just so bright and vivid; the setting can be brutal and dangerous, but I love that it's portrayed in such a cheerful way.

What're your highlights in the book, art-wise?

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

4 hours ago, Crel said:

100% agreement. I may have my own quibbles and opinions here and there, but the production and art quality in this book is astounding, some of the best I've ever encountered in gaming. The old black & white line art blends really well with the brightly colored cartoonish or watercolored style. It's just so bright and vivid; the setting can be brutal and dangerous, but I love that it's portrayed in such a cheerful way.

What're your highlights in the book, art-wise?

Hard to choose something in particular like that, but I'll take a look with that in mind and get back to you.

I really like how the art is consistent throughout the book and portraits well the feeling of the setting. I like how colourful it is, and how it makes the setting come to life. It makes you want to learn more about Glorantha.

I do have minor quibbles, mostly about the maps, but overall I'm very happy!

2 hours ago, drablak said:

I like how colourful it is, and how it makes the setting come to life. It makes you want to learn more about Glorantha.

I said to some friends a few months ago that I don't think Glorantha could be properly portrayed until printing technology advanced to make a color-heavy rulebook from a small press publisher possible. 

• Like 2

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford