Masks Slipcase is now available

MOB

1093106571_MoNSlipcaseRightFacingMockup.thumb.jpg.526db8f05377af2c263d7255734dbc46.jpg

Available now! - the Masks of Nyarlathotep slipcase. Stocks in all three Chaosium warehouses: USA, UK and Australia. PDF included.

https://www.chaosium.com/masks-of-nyarlathotep-slipcase-set

"Should you get Masks?... This will be an adventure you and your RPG friends will be talking about 20-30 years after the event. If you played Masks years ago and want to play it again, yes. The best commercially available RPG scenario has got better."—BRITISH FANTASY SOCIETY.

The Leatherette version is coming, and should be available next month. It is in the same shipments as the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set. 

If you bought the PDF from Chaosium.com already, you should have received the coupon by email. If no, check your spam/junk folders; otherwise contact customerservice@chaosium.com and we'll sort it out.

I got it yesterday. I've not taken the plastic sheet off it yet, as I want to do the honour at my group meet. It's our next major campaign. 

By golly, though, it's huge. It's bigger than the CoC slipcase! And that's not including the prop box I bought with it too.

Edited by TrippyHippy

12 hours ago, MOB said:

A great unboxing video of the new Masks. It's 44 minutes long, because there's a lot to unbox...

I'm the videographer.   Yeah, lots to unbox.  It was a 2.6 gig file and I was worried it wouldn't upload.  I set my phone on a frozen lunch pack as it uploaded to YouTube to keep it cool.  😜 .   There is also a slight audio glitch at 33 minutes because my phone doesn't like me shooting such long videos.  But, I didn't feel like a two-parter was really worth it either.  Thanks for posting here Michael.  From one Michael to another.  :)

• Like 1

Out of interest is there (or will there be) a sheet that collects together all the NPC portraits? 

Given how many NPC's there are in Masks, I think this would be really helpful as I often like to show the portraits from an adventure to the players.

Holding up the book whilst covering up any critical info can be a skill it's own right!

6 hours ago, JamesMW said:

Out of interest is there (or will there be) a sheet that collects together all the NPC portraits? 

Given how many NPC's there are in Masks, I think this would be really helpful as I often like to show the portraits from an adventure to the players.

Holding up the book whilst covering up any critical info can be a skill it's own right!

It's in the PDF, not sure if it's in the printed version too, mine should arrive tomorrow

10 hours ago, JamesMW said:

Not in the slipcase handouts. Perhaps as suggested above in the PDF.

20 hours ago, Valyar said:

Will this product be available on Amazon.co.uk?

Probably, although we have no control over whether they sell it, or if one of the marketplace companies that operate on it will sell it.

We certainly don't prevent them from selling it.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:04 AM, Valyar said:

Will this product be available on Amazon.co.uk?

There is a copy available there when I just checked - sold by PigglyToyVille- although you wouldn't be able to get the PDF arrangement that Chaosium offers, I'd assume. 

The PDFs are important to me, as a source of gaming aids (ie handouts in the game), and I'm happy with the direct service Chaoisum offers, so Amazon wouldn't be my first choice in this instance.

Edited by TrippyHippy

I don't argue about the benefits of ordering from Chaosium. This is how I got the core books slipcase and i plan to purchase all in this way... except when sometimes the price is too good from Amazon to skip it. Shipping costs are plague :) Some publishers such as Modiphius offer you free PDF is you show the invoice of the hardback, quite awesome.

Anyway, I am unable to fins the new slipcase on amazon.co.uk even when I use UK address. Everything listed in the old version. Quite weird.

• 2 weeks later...

The MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP special Leatherette Edition is now available! This is a Chaosium.com exclusive - the Leatherette edition will not be available in retail distribution. $USD299.99.

https://www.chaosium.com/masks-of-nyarlathotep-leatherette-slipcase-set

1784664208_MasksLeatheretteEdition.jpg.0823fdc355ef95d521aa18a32d091ca5.jpg

Stocks are available from all three Chaosium fulfilment warehouses - USA, UK, Australia. We also have stocks of the regular hardback slipcase edition in all three locations too (USD$129.99).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"It’s good to see a fan favorite campaign back after all these years" says Geek & Sundry. MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP is on Geek & Sundry's list of Best RPG Supplements for 2018:

https://geekandsundry.com/the-best-of-2018s-tabletop-roleplaying-games-part-three-supplements-more

"...blends the globetrotting pulp momentum of an Indiana Jones movie with the dark cults and uncaring gods of the Cthulhu Mythos."

On 12/15/2018 at 4:45 AM, MOB said:

The MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP special Leatherette Edition is now available! This is a Chaosium.com exclusive - the Leatherette edition will not be available in retail distribution. $USD299.99.

Can you explain the price point of the limited edition at all? It seems high compared to other recent limiteds (RQ, CoC 7E).

44/420