The Chaos Society’s Pavis Series

revshafer

It would be great to see them, if only as PDFs.

Although by no means canon, they were enjoyable, fast-paced, with lots of background, scenarios and ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I was actually able to get most of these, and you are correct, they are wonderful and very useful for filling in the holes in Pavis & the Big Rubble.

Ian Thomson was mostly responsible for these. I know he made several assumptions out of canon, like expanding the size of the Rubble via-a-via New Pavis, but damn, this was good work.

Pure. Gloranthan. Gold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"It is not reasonable to assume Aristotle knew the Number of the Elect..." - Albertus Magnus

• 1 year later...

I was recently asked about these, so I thought I would post the info I provided:

Ian Thomson, assisted by several other authors, wrote a number of expansions for topics related to the Pavis and Big Rubble RQ supplements, each batch of which got called a "Companion". They are:

• Volume 1 is in Ye Booke of Tentacles 3, and is about 40 pages of material. Published in 2000.
  • Volume 2 is a whole book called The Masks of Pavis, and is 135 pages. Published in 2001.
  • Volume 3 is a whole book called The Legacy of Pavis, and is 130 pages. Published in 2002.
  • Volume 4 is a whole book called The Shadows of Pavis, and is 138 pages. Published in 2002.
  • Volume 5 is a whole book called Beyond Pavis, and is 134 pages. Published in 2004.

These are not to be confused with what appeared in Tradetalk magazine issues #8 and #9, which were called Pavis and Big Rubble Special Part I and Part 2. That material was written by Ian Thomson and crew as well. Alas, Ian has largely retired from the internet these days.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 years later...

It's a reworked and expanded version of material previously published in those books, updated for the new edition of RuneQuest. The table of contents can be seen in the full-size preview on DriveThruRPG. I am sure @Ian A. Thomson will be happy to answer any detailed questions, but it's not completely new and it's not a reprint.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, john hoel said:

is this something completely new or is this a reprint of any of the 6 pavos & big rubble companions? if it is, which are included in this?

It contains a lot of new material and a lot of repurposed material.

Here is the Table of Contents:

image.png.39e2a01b2d02ca06d248b669a18618f0.png

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

Largely retired from gaming writing, and I am not on social media

But hauled out of the retirement home bathchair, for one last burst of creativity! :)

(I should possibly add that I continue to be a writer, among other things, just in different fields; and only gave up gaming and writing gaming material due to other priorities creeping in over the years. With more hours in the week I'd happily still be gaming.)

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

1 hour ago, Jason Farrell said:

We're grateful, Ian.  😉  Hopefully Pavis vol. 2 is coming along nicely.

Cheers Jason

Vol. 02 is 95% done in all aspects, and still looking good for a late January release. I am very happy with the content and very grateful for the volunteers

Vol 03 content is also about 80% done, but layout and RQG stats still at a much less advanced stage

Anyone who might have the time to even review one piece for grammar mistakes, repetitions etc is still very much welcome to let me know. The 'interested reader' review is an extremely valuable (even critical) final polish that all pieces need. (No Gloranthan or RQG expertise needed.) All volunteers are entitled to a credit in the front of the book too of course!

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 4

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:49 AM, Ian A. Thomson said:

Anyone who might have the time to even review one piece for grammar mistakes, repetitions etc is still very much welcome to let me know. The 'interested reader' review is an extremely valuable (even critical) final polish that all pieces need. (No Gloranthan or RQG expertise needed.) All volunteers are entitled to a credit in the front of the book too of course!

As always I am available, time permitting.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1