BRP Pulp Adventure Generator

jagerfury

I took the content from the Astounding Adventures source book for generating a random adventure and plugged them into a HTML generator. The link is to the blog post with the tables automated into a one-click generator;

To the BRP Pulp Adventure Generator!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
The Vanishing Tower RPG Blog Read about my attempts at FTF RPG in the wilderness!

Here"s what I got:

Hook: In Media Res – literally “in the middle of things”. The players are thrown into the plot whether they like it or not. The GM begins the adventure in the middle of the fight, chase or hazard. The heroes need to react quickly to figure out what is going on.

MacGuffin: Object – Groundbreaking Invention. Unlike Prototype Weapons, this Mcguffin is usually well known and anticipated.

NPC's: (Roll 1D4)… Entertainer

Detective

Pilot

Archaeologist

Plot Twist: Death Trap – Walls/Ceiling closing in. A grand tradition, the death trap usually appears in the villain's secret lair. Designed to prolong the agony of the heroes this provides them with the opportunity of escape.

Locations: (Roll 1D4+2) Then fit together for fun and interesting story...Jerusalem

The Amazon

Island

At Sea

Forest

Crypt

The Principle Action Sequence…Investigation – Several clues leading towards the principle villains are scattered about the scene/adventure. Clues coming together will build tension.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 3:42 PM, seneschal said:

Here"s what I got:

Care to put some flesh on this skeleton? I'll start with a title; 

• The Crystal of Yimzamavaar

3 locations; So the "ground-breaking" MacGuffin is being unveiled in Jerusalem. It will pick up spectral traces and paint the actions of the ancient prophets on the Wailing Wall. Billed as a device of "groundbreaking" science, most sober skeptics believe the developer a charlatan. The PC's are on site to find out which. 

Hook: In Media Res – At the event whatever weird action is going to happen happens now. If the PC's survive the initial "event" at the Jerusalem opening they begin the main action sequence, the Investigation to find out what is going on.

Edited by jagerfury
  • Like 1
The Vanishing Tower RPG Blog Read about my attempts at FTF RPG in the wilderness!

Crypt + death trap — Said crypt is the final resting place of the reverend Rabbi Josef Levi Schaum of Antwerp.  Unfortunately for the PCs, the crushing walls aren’t a mere mechanical contraption but are powered by the Rabbi’s former assistant and guardian, the golem Caleb.  His power comes from the aforementioned crystal, which is embedded in an inconvenient portion of his anatomy.  (I will leave the exact location to the GM, but adventurers won’t simply be able to snatch it off him.)

The crushing confrontation in the crypt need not be the adventure’s climax.  Caleb is mobile and intelligent and may need to do some globe-trotting to fulfill his master’s final instructions, whatever they might have been.  After all, we’ve got six exotic locations to include.

Edited by seneschal
  • Like 2

I love these kind of things.  Either from the challenge of putting all the random elements into a semi-cohesive plot, or just getting inspired when you see the pieces you want to lift and add to another adventure you've been contemplating. 

Nice work, jagerfury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORtrail said:

I love these kind of things.  Either from the challenge of putting all the random elements into a semi-cohesive plot, or just getting inspired when you see the pieces you want to lift and add to another adventure you've been contemplating. 

Nice work, jagerfury.

We’ve still got four locations and four NPCs to figure in.  Care to toss in your two cents?

12 hours ago, ORtrail said:

Nice work, jagerfury.

Yeah, plus it can stretch you as a GM by throwingtogether elements that you might not normally use.

11 hours ago, seneschal said:

We’ve still got four locations and four NPCs to figure in.  Care to toss in your two cents?

Do we always get exactly four location and four NPCs? 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 1 year later...
On 11/17/2018 at 3:42 PM, seneschal said:

Here"s what I got:

Hook: In Media Res – literally “in the middle of things”. The players are thrown into the plot whether they like it or not. The GM begins the adventure in the middle of the fight, chase or hazard. The heroes need to react quickly to figure out what is going on.

MacGuffin: Object – Groundbreaking Invention. Unlike Prototype Weapons, this Mcguffin is usually well known and anticipated.

NPC's: (Roll 1D4)… Entertainer

Detective

Pilot

Archaeologist

Plot Twist: Death Trap – Walls/Ceiling closing in. A grand tradition, the death trap usually appears in the villain's secret lair. Designed to prolong the agony of the heroes this provides them with the opportunity of escape.

Locations: (Roll 1D4+2) Then fit together for fun and interesting story...Jerusalem

The Amazon

Island

At Sea

Forest

Crypt

The Principle Action Sequence…Investigation – Several clues leading towards the principle villains are scattered about the scene/adventure. Clues coming together will build tension.

Have you fleshed this out at all?

3 hours ago, jagerfury said:

Have you fleshed this out at all?

Sadly, no.  It is stuffed in my BRP notes somewhere, awaiting a chance to pulp out.  On the other hand, you can insert the outline into any game, any genre, any system

Edited by seneschal

• 2 months later...

He thanks for noticing the absence. Since the Clockwork & Cthulhu game fell apart after three years of running I have not been back using BRP for anything right now. Currently I'm running Classic Traveller, Champions, and B/X D&D. But when I have something to say this is one of my favorite places to hang out. 

• Sad 1

Which version of Champions are you using?  Third edition won my love, 5th edition had useful options at the cost of bloat, 4th hit the sweet spot between the two.  Never opted for 6th edition.  It just seemed unnecessary and even more bloated than ever.

7 hours ago, seneschal said:

Which version of Champions are you using?  Third edition won my love, 5th edition had useful options at the cost of bloat, 4th hit the sweet spot between the two.  Never opted for 6th edition.  It just seemed unnecessary and even more bloated than ever.

Started with 2, then 3, 4 and 5. Same comments as you.

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 12:26 AM, seneschal said:

Hope this helps but its still a mystery to me to be honest,