What Cults do we want to see the most?

Darius West

Given the wonderful rebirth of RQ2, I am excited about the forthcoming publications.  To that end, I was wondering if anyone has any cult write-ups that they are super eager or hoping to see in the new material?  I personally have a few I would like to know about...

Yara Aranis, Big Man, Durev and Orane, any Teshnan or Kralorelan deities.

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 1

+1 on a full treatment of the Lunars.

Oasis Folk stuff

Ronance

All the other deities of the Paps

all those 10000 Goddesses of Esrolia (I presume it isn't REALLY 10K; and that there's lots of broad sweep that can apply to many/most of them, without each one getting a "full" write-up that mostly overlaps many others).

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

Monster Man

Doburdan 😉

The various forms of Orlanth, written up as separate cults

The Thunder Brothers

All the Counters from Nomad Gods

The Sea Deities

More Chaos Deities

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

7 hours ago, g33k said:

all those 10000 Goddesses of Esrolia (I presume it isn't REALLY 10K; and that there's lots of broad sweep that can apply to many/most of them, without each one getting a "full" write-up that mostly overlaps many others).

I never assumed that that means 10,000 worshipped deities - many of those 'goddesses' will be nymphs or powerful landscape spirits. 

But still, there are probably hundreds of minor deities, such as deities for many many common plants. 

The Malkioni are by far the biggest gap at the moment

Chaos deities are necessary, but most of us can get by on previous editions writeups. 

More of the Lunar Heartland deities, not just their provincial cults. And the deeper mysteries of the Seven Mothers individual cults. 

Pamaltela, Fonrit and the Plains

• Like 1

I'm the most curious about the Malkioni ones. I can theoretically hack up a cult on most gods but I feel like there'd be interesting mechanical differences for the very Sorcery-focused ones. I'm also curious about Lodril's supposed update for Gods of Glorantha, and I'd like to see Fonrit stuff, especially Artmal.

Leafing through my GoG third edition supplement, I would say including a cursory treatment of other races' pantheons would be nice but an in-depth cover would be better left for dedicated supplements about Uz, Mostali, Aldryami, Kralori etc.

For this GoG a full treatment about Orlanthi gods, Praxian gods, Hsunchen gods, Lunar gods, Solar gods, and malkionism (which would be a huge work already) would be great.

Concerning obscure sub-cults (since gods in Glorantha are so many), having them covered in regional supplements is probably more reasonable.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:09 PM, jps said:

Leafing through my GoG third edition supplement, I would say including a cursory treatment of other races' pantheons would be nice but an in-depth cover would be better left for dedicated supplements about Uz, Mostali, Aldryami, Kralori etc.

As a Glorantha fan, I would love to see a Deities Supplement for each of the Pantheons, so one for the Storm, Fire/Sky, Earth, Water, Darkness, Lunar, Chaos, Elf, Dwarf, Pamalt and so on. 

I would love to see all the deities, demiigods, Heroes and spirit cults written up, as well as Sorcery Schools, Animist Traditions and so on.

Also, I would love to see the Lunar pantheon written up as Deities, with special abilities, rather than having the Phases of the Moon working as they seem to do now. I've never been a fan of "But, the Lunars are different", or "But, Moon Powers work differently to everything else".

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/23/2018 at 3:37 AM, soltakss said:

As a Glorantha fan, I would love to see a Deities Supplement for each of the Pantheons, so one for the Storm, Fire/Sky, Earth, Water, Darkness, Lunar, Chaos, Elf, Dwarf, Pamalt and so on. 

I'd rather see a less God Learnery approach, and have details about gods (and variations to major gods, such as local sub-cults and heroes) for the major areas of play. Throw the Dara Happans and the Lunars in together, so you can run a campaign in Peloria. Put Veskarthan and the Aeolians and the Only Old One together with the sub-cults of Ernalda for a holy country game. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 1:06 AM, davecake said:

I'd rather see a less God Learnery approach, and have details about gods (and variations to major gods, such as local sub-cults and heroes) for the major areas of play. Throw the Dara Happans and the Lunars in together, so you can run a campaign in Peloria. Put Veskarthan and the Aeolians and the Only Old One together with the sub-cults of Ernalda for a holy country game. 

This would also be my preference. It's more useful and allows one to include cultural information in the book as well. Cults don't exist in a vacuum.

• Like 1