Theyalan-centric history.

UristMcTurtle

Strongly suspect that the Theyalan perspective makes it very much easierĀ for new players instead of dumping everything on them and causing them to run away. Dragon Pass, whilst obviously alien, isn't hopelessly alien, and is accessible despite the weight of decades of world building.

Those who delve deeper over time, will probably hit the God Learner Syndrome, because we know much more about Glorantha than most Gloranthans, and they will start to believe they can define and categorize Gloranthan mythology and work out all the apparent (but only apparent) inconsistencies and gaps.

Those who survive GLS may eventually realize there's more going on than they realize, and that the Theyalan and God Learner perspectives are only partially correct, and often inaccurate.

Finally they will become Illuminated and realize they can no more define and categorize Gloranthan myths than they could actual Greek mythology (as it is apparent in the ancient sources, not the GL constructs we usually read) and realize it doesn't matter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Finally they will become Illuminated and realize they can no more define and categorize Gloranthan myths than they could actual Greek mythology (as it is apparent in the ancient sources, not the GL constructs we usually read) and realize it doesn't matter.

When I was young I discovered Graves' summaries of Greek mythology, with all its variations and so-called contradictions, and I was very happy.

• Like 1