Cradle of Heroes (character creator app)

Cgeist7

Question: do folks prefer the tabbed skill content or would you prefer something more like the official character sheet? I'm also thinking about printing...

Going with the full skill list means that a character is now broken into 3 parts: main, skills & combat/in play.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks!

Chris

skills.png

3 hours ago, Cgeist7 said:

Question: do folks prefer the tabbed skill content or would you prefer something more like the official character sheet? I'm also thinking about printing...

When character sheets resemble the original but with improvements you get the advantage of the familiar (ease of look ups) and the advantage of the new (corrections, edits, improvements) all at once, no?

Have you thought of asking this as a Poll question?

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

When character sheets resemble the original but with improvements you get the advantage of the familiar (ease of look ups) and the advantage of the new (corrections, edits, improvements) all at once, no?

Have you thought of asking this as a Poll question?

Good idea! I have no idea how to create a poll on here though.

I sat down and started playing with it though and think I have a good mix of both worlds.

• NPCs keep the same skill summary as before
  • Players have a new Skills page with 2 tabs:
    • Advanced (the skills they have improved)
    • All (all of the skills)

So a full character looks like the images below.

erzad main.png

erzad skills advanced.pngerzad skills all.pngerzad gameplay.png

Edited by Cgeist7
re-order images
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cgeist7 said:

Good idea! I have no idea how to create a poll on here though.

Go to create, start to create a new forum choose a destination , and when it asks for a title  and content of the first post you can choose content or poll from the tabbed choice just under the words Create New Topic. at the top.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a few rounds of small updates to the Cradle of Heroes, but today had the first large user facing ones:

• Added Twitter share button with pre-populated tweets (first 144 characters of description & #glorantha #runequest hashtags)
  • Updates to edit character buttons - now a dropdown menu
  • Added zeroing out passions by setting value to 0 in edit character
  • Fixes to adding runes and passions to NPCs/Creatures
  • Removed the intro text & video from all pages but the main Cradle character list

Example character Tweet text:

A troll merchant of Nochet, Zulabar is a rogue, a thief and a killer with a skewed sense of honor. https://www.cradleofheroes.net/view_character/5253 #runequest #glorantha via @d20dev

I also created a new YouTube overview video: 

Enjoy!

C

Edited by Cgeist7
Add video
  • Like 1

Just fiddled with this for the first time in a while. I'm impressed by the updates! I'll admit I haven't perused a few pages of this thread, but are you still working on features to add? If so, a few ideas did come to mind:

• Downloading to a PDF one or two-page summary for printouts
  • A button for "Roll Experience Checks" or some similar built-in system.

Again, thanks so much for your work!

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I think I found some bugs. I was trying to make a triceratop and some dragonewts, and it looks like things get odd when you remove all the Power/Form Runes, and when you try to edit custom weapon skills. Ended up with no skills on the triceratops whatsoever, and none available when I try to edit. Don't know if the bug(s) are known or not.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

5 hours ago, Crel said:

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I think I found some bugs. I was trying to make a triceratop and some dragonewts, and it looks like things get odd when you remove all the Power/Form Runes, and when you try to edit custom weapon skills. Ended up with no skills on the triceratops whatsoever, and none available when I try to edit. Don't know if the bug(s) are known or not.

Hi @Crel - definitely still working on the app and thanks for the kind words.

Re: the bugs, you should be able to add new skills from the the core book from the Add Traits button, but I’m not sure exactly what went wrong when you were creating your creatures. I’ll add the ability to add custom skills there as well (it’s been on the list...).

I get what is happening with the Form/Runes - they mess up because the app goes through and assigns a 50 for each as the base for a player character. I made each of Beast, Dragonnewt, Spirit, Plant etc. as opposed runes to Man - which is why the first (Dragonnewt) got kicked up to 100.

I’ll update the app to accept zeros without automatically boosting the paired rune to 100... somehow. :) 

The work-around would be to leave the common form runes at 50 and just add/update the ones you want. Any common form rune at 50 doesn’t show on the character anyways.

Thanks so much for the feedback. It will probably take a few days to find time, but I’ll get the bugs fixed first and will start looking at the new features.

Q: for the PDF, would text be okay?

C

17 hours ago, Crel said:

Hi @Crel - the bugs should be squashed.

Updates include:

• Split add Skills and add Passions into two separate pages
  • Add Skills now includes space for 6 regular and 6 custom skills
  • Reset form runes so that their base is 0 UNLESS it is a regular starting character, in which case they are set to 50.
  • Set the app so that changing any skills provides the value chosen by the user even after taking into account Skill Base and Category Modifiers. In other words, if you say this person has an Acting of 90, that is exactly what they will have, regardless of the base skill and character stats.

You should now be able to update your triceratops without issue.

Cheers!

C

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cgeist7 said:

Q: for the PDF, would text be okay?

Yeah, I figure. I typically like working w/ paper so I can scribble random stuff down.

1 hour ago, Cgeist7 said:

You should now be able to update your triceratops without issue.

Glad to hear! I'll post if/when I find more bugs. I'm planning to try out the app at my Tues session, so gotta put together a whole Dragonewt patrol, which might be interesting...

On the Dragonewt Rune 100%, I had manually input that on my dragonewt. It was on the triceratops (which I tried to remove all Runes) that things got weird (and which it sounds like you've found the workaround).

Notes from making NPCs:

• I don't think you have the hit location template for dragonewts? And, I'm not sure it's in the Bestiary's opening hit location templates either.
  • It could be useful to be able to manually edit base SIZ & DEX SR. I noticed this when making the triceratops, because in the Bestiary it's listed with a "base SR" of 4--but it's SIZ SR is 0 on the app. I'm not sure how the tables from RQG interact with large critters. I feel like there's some hidden math behind the Bestiary entries. (Also worth noting that the triceratops only has attacks on SR8. I don't know how the Bestiary's authors determined that.)
  • In the statblock columns in the Bestiary DEX comes after INT; in the app DEX comes between SIZ and INT. Though I note you place DEX in the same place as it is on the RQG adventurer sheet.
  • This is pure speculation (I am not a programmer) but I wonder if some weirdness happens because in the "Add Creature" screen the attack and skills entry options include no drop-down menus, but are all manual entry. They don't appear to have the "Custom" tag in their titles, visually.
  • Side note: Is there a mobile app version of this? Plans for one? Have you tried using this app on a phone in-browser? If you'd like, I can try bullying my players into trying it out for a session instead of paper play. I personally have zero experience using digital aids on the player side of the GM's Screen in any game.
  • A system for adding other sources of MP could be useful for more developed/powerful adventurers & NPCs. Ex I get a POW Storage crystal that can hold 10MP and want to keep track of it.
  • Similarly, a tab on adventurer pages for fetches, allied spirits, mounts, etc would be useful (I assume this is somewhere on a "eventual features" list already but felt I may as well mention it).
  • When I try to Add Skills to Purple Glow of Knowledge, I get a broken thumbnail image and ": can't evaluate field Path in type *models.Image" appears. In the Edit Character page I can see its current skills, and edit those--changing Specialization and percentage and so on--but no menus are present for adding new skills. A little later, I re-uploaded the thumbnail and now I've got standard access to the Add Skills page again.
  • Somewhere to mark down a creature or adventurer's MOV could be useful.
  • When I was making Three Fangs, I think there's still something screwy in the background math. When I was on the Edit Character screen it showed Agility mod -4% and Manipulation et al as +11% instead of multiples of 5. And the Dragonewt 100% I wrote in somehow changed to 99% when I was searching through pages to change Three Fangs classification from Creature to Non-Player Character.
  • I think some of the weirdness occurs when I put in 0 for a characteristic (since some creatures don't have it). When I've done so, that characteristic occasionally gets reset to a different number. For instance, while working on Average Demi-Bird I put in both INT and CHA of 0, and the creature ended up with INT 15 and CHA 11.
  • I've also ended up in an odd situation once or twice where the general HP registers as full (say, 17/17) but all location HPs are 0. When I refill, it goes over normal HP, but then I save and everything loads and returns to normal.
  • It'd be nice (but not vital) if description sections could be paragraphed when extra spaces are added.
  • Powers don't show up on the Faction or Encounters page.

The list is basically just a running commentary I kept tabbing back to while I worked. Hope it's interesting or helpful for you.

• Like 3

Hi @Crel,

This is super useful. I'll go into detail a bit later, but a few thoughts:

• Will add dragonewt hit locations
  • Adding MV makes sense
  • The app doesnt allow stats of 0 right now. This is on the works, but mucks up a lot of character stuff
  • The app works very well in mobile for creating & managing characters. NPCs and such are harder to create, but editing should be fine. 
  • For associated critters and characters, try creating a faction. This gives you summary pages for all the included folks. 
  • Will add description paragraphing & markdown. 
  • I tried adding skills to Purple Glow and it worked fine. Might have been a connection issue with the file upload. Let me know if the issue shows up again. 

BTW: I love the dragonewts!

Edited by Cgeist7
Added response
  • Like 2

Hi @Crel,

I got a bunch of updates done tonight.

• The app now allows stats of 0 and continues to function with skills, attributes and such
  • Dragonewt and Spirit (empty) locations added
  • Fixes to the image issue you ran into above - you can now add skills, magic & passions for characters with no image
  • Updates to the add skills, passions & magic pages
  • Added Hit Locations to Homelands - so you can now create a Dragonewt, centaur or other homeland and create working PCs from it

Here is a sample Spirit: https://www.cradleofheroes.net/view_character/5918

Cheers!

C

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cgeist7 said:

I got a bunch of updates done tonight.

Much appreciated! I'll be working on some more characters etc. tonight, and leave notes. I didn't end up using Cradle of Heroes during my session, because my players just tinkered around with newly found magic & treasure in their campsite and bickered among one another all session. I still intend to try it out eventually!

Glad you liked the dragonewts!

Running-Commentary Notes:

• An adventurer creation option without using the tutorial/automated thing might be useful, for players wanting to load up an already-established character. I ended up making established adventurers using the NPC creator instead. A big advantage of the adventurer sheet is it organizes skills by category.
  • Perhaps a way to upload images from URL, instead of downloaded to the computer? I've seen that on websites before but IDK if that's complex or simple; just a feature idea.
  • I can imagine some way to tick on/off a spell or power and auto-change the stats being really useful. Ex, plus-up Shield twice and the armor section increases by 4 automatically. Or a magic items entry, which when "Worn" is ticked the stat effects take place. For example, if someone's got the Head of Yerezum Storn with them, they get +1 CHA.
  • Some people might want a distinction between Speak Other and Speak Own; I don't personally think it's super important.
  • I just noticed that abilities with experience checks are highlighted blue on edit screens. Very nice!
  • Looks like some of the ability lists (like Rune spells) may need to be re-alphabetized. New additions have appeared at the bottom.
  • Including Max ENC in the Attributes column. It'd be neat to see a way of calculating current ENC in the Equipment section, but even just a place to auto-calc Max would be useful.
  • Some way to add a custom Passion would be useful--one which doesn't connect to Devotion/Fear/Hate/Honor/Loyalty/Love, like trollkin and duck Cowardice.
  • When I made Garick Ulstorson using the Create Character function, then went into Edit Character to set the skills to his sheet, I saw several situations where skills with a specialization (Ride (Horse), Cult Lore (Orlanth), Speak (Heortling), etc) had two instances.
  • Something's still weird in the Power/Form Runes. It almost seems like they aren't balancing correctly. I'll input percentages, hit save, then when I go back into the Edit screen I'll end up with negative percentages, or not the percentages that I had input before. Also, I feel like showing more of the Power/Form runes on the character page would make sense. It's useful to have reference to both halves of the divide. For example, I gave Garick a check in Harmony 26% due to behavior, and a rune with that percentage doesn't show.
  • As I reflect on it, it might be because I'm trying to correct both halves of a Power/Form Rune simultaneously. Maybe that's why I'm ending up with weird numbers.
  • Could the Runes associated be next to the names of Rune spells on the character pages?
  • Damage Bonus in attacks did not update automatically after characteristic change until I went into the attacks & armor screen. I went in and out without editing anything, and the update occurred.
  • I think when I make a creature/NPC that all of the Power/Form Runes are getting randomly balanced? Though I got Beast 100/Man 80 when I opened the page...
  • There doesn't seem to be a way to boost a creature's Spirit Combat damage if they're a shaman or assistant shaman.
  • Thrown weapons should have half Damage Bonus, and some types of attack I believe have none (like Bite).
  • As I think about it, something like "Input Final Skill:" could be useful for creating established adventurers, with a note that that means skill + mod (that trips me up occasionally). I like the feature where you can hover over to get how the skill got there. The advantage to the adventurer page is that it divvys everything up by skill category and gives you info like Ransom, Occupation, and Standard of Living. The NPCs don't necessarily need that, but I struggled at using the Create New Adventurer function to make established adventurers. Especially because I had no clue what choices were made at creation.
  • I've found that my math on character sheets to generate category modifiers and the math Cradle makes don't always match. I don't know if the error's mine or yours. It seems to mostly happen right along the margins of each category increment. Ex I think 4 starts +1; you think 4 ends +0, and 5 starts +1.
  • Also I somehow ended up with Agility and Manipulation category mods of 11 and 21 respectively on the edit character screen. On the character screen though, they were giving 10 and 20 to skills when I hovered over.
  • A Moon 40% popped up at one stage, and I have no clue how. Don't remember editing the runes for a while prior.
  • Each time I tried using the Create Adventurer option, Darkness turned into my highest Elemental Rune at 90% without any input on my part.
  • Back on the Equipment stuff, I can imagine a drop-down section of equipment to choose armor for each location which changed the location AP and auto-calc'd the ENC would be awesome. But complex, and IDK how you'd do wearing leather underneath. Maybe just an "ENC" column in equipment would work, to manually insert what the ENC of an equipment line is, then compare against Max ENC and reduce skills accordingly.
  • Like 1

Here's my feature suggestion:

• Tick boxes for the enhancement spirit spells: Coordination, Glamor, Mobility, Strength, Vigor which figure in the effects of the spell.

The challence with this is that whilst four of the spells boost the characteristics directly, they have different effects on the derived attributes than the effect that the characteristic increase itself would have had, so you can't just add 8 to the STR characteristic or 3 to DEX and let the results flow naturally. For some of them, you have to calculate the knock-on effects based on the unmodified characteristic and add in the fixed bonuses from the spell separately.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:16 AM, Cgeist7 said:

About the Cradle of Heroes

The Cradle of Heroes is a fan created gaming tool that I developed to meet my needs as a GM and player. It's designed so that anyone can create and manage characters and creatures and to simplify the character creation process.

Tutorial videos are available on my YouTube channel.

The Cradle is also about community and I hope it can grow to become an informal marketplace for NPCs, creatures and ideas for Runequest.

Characters can also be added to the open roster by selecting the "Open" check-box when you are creating or editing the character. They can then be coped and modified by other users, making their lives easier and letting them take advantage of your work and creativity.

As more users share content in this way, it becomes easier for new and more experienced players to quickly and easily build high quality character for their Runequest games. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the app.

I've created a Trello board to help manage feedback and updates. Please note that this iteration of the app is still in BETA phase. There will be bugs and while I'll make every effort to keep and persist all user-generated content, it may not always be possible. If anyone wants to help make the app better, the code is up on GitHub. Any suggestions or improvements (especially to front-end JS) are very welcome.

--- ToferC

I put together a few tutorial videos on how to sign in and use theRunequest Character App effectively.

Intro: https://youtu.be/Lbf7bqYl9tM

Finding Characters: https://youtu.be/DpvZ3SkuQgg

Creating Characters: https://youtu.be/ARAqgnr3J5U

Editing & Updating Charactershttps://youtu.be/ReEevV8_d5s

Adding Traits & Magic: https://youtu.be/7faq5XMcAz0

Copying Open Characters & Duplicating Content: https://youtu.be/pgy1SdlkTrU

Intro to Homelands, Occupations & Cults: https://youtu.be/-pnGjE_zIJo

NEW: Adding NPCs and creatures: 

Cheers!

C

Thanks for the app, looks great!

Where to submit bugs?  Just trying it out, step 4 of 7 shows:

Additionally, you can choose between the following skill choices.

1H Spear +15%   
2H Spear +15%

Composite Bow +10% 
Sling +10%

I *believe* these should be exclusive between the spears (ie pick one) and missile weapons (pick one) but in this case i can check all 4 freely and it let me move to step 5.

• Like 2

Hey @styopa - thanks! Yes, you are correct, you *should* choose one and *could* choose all of the options. There is a bit of an issue with how I'm tracking results of the clicks that doesn't work with how radial menus work. I've added it the list, but there's a lot of other stuff I'll be focusing on before I get to that one. :)

@Crel & @PhilHibbs

I hear you. I've looked at that feature a few times, but it would take a lot of work to implement and it isn't really a scalable path. Runequest is already a game of edge cases that make the app very tricky and add a lot of one-offs. Examples include Apprentice Shaman getting a bonus to Spirit Damage or Philosopher getting sorcery. I could go through and add these elements for all of the occupations, but a) it seems wasteful, and b) I'm not sure what the next set of edge cases will look like. For spells, because we'd want them to show when "clicked" and because each spell does a different, non-standard thing that would need to be coded separately and interact with a number of different established systems, I've opted to avoid this feature and created space in powers, descriptions or items that folks can use to note these effects.

The next big feature I want to add is the ability to create custom spells and to add to a user-created database. When I start putting that in place, I will have another look at the request and see if I can fit it in.

Thanks again for the feedback!

C

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cgeist7 said:

Runequest is already a game of edge cases

You're not kidding.  For RQ3 the algorithms are mechanical and consistent, so my building a suite of tools for monster gen, etc was just a matter of writing a lot of formulas.  Bulk work but nothing particularly complex.

When I thought about porting these tools to RQH the reliance of everything on circa-1970s tables that regrettably don't have a mathematical rationale behind them made it...hair-pulling, at my level of programming competence.

• Like 1

@Crel

• An adventurer creation option without using the tutorial/automated thing might be useful, for players wanting to load up an already-established character. I ended up making established adventurers using the NPC creator instead. A big advantage of the adventurer sheet is it organizes skills by category.

I'd suggest that you use the formal character creator and then modify to taste after creation is done. The full creation adds the full skill list and is set up for managing live characters. The NPC/creature creator is really set up as a quick-fix for creating beasts, mounts and quick NPCs.

• Perhaps a way to upload images from URL, instead of downloaded to the computer? I've seen that on websites before but IDK if that's complex or simple; just a feature idea.

This should be doable. Added to list.

• I can imagine some way to tick on/off a spell or power and auto-change the stats being really useful. Ex, plus-up Shield twice and the armor section increases by 4 automatically. Or a magic items entry, which when "Worn" is ticked the stat effects take place. For example, if someone's got the Head of Yerezum Storn with them, they get +1 CHA.

See above response.

• Some people might want a distinction between Speak Other and Speak Own; I don't personally think it's super important.

This is one of the RQ edge cases. Common naming conventions keep developers sane.

• I just noticed that abilities with experience checks are highlighted blue on edit screens. Very nice!

Thanks!

• Looks like some of the ability lists (like Rune spells) may need to be re-alphabetized. New additions have appeared at the bottom.

The runes are actually in 3 lists that need to be treated differently because... edge cases. Elemental runes work one way, power & form runes work another... except that some don't work that way. The Condition runes... I have no idea how they work, but added them in for future proofing.

• Including Max ENC in the Attributes column. It'd be neat to see a way of calculating current ENC in the Equipment section, but even just a place to auto-calc Max would be useful.

This should be pretty easy. Added.

• Some way to add a custom Passion would be useful--one which doesn't connect to Devotion/Fear/Hate/Honor/Loyalty/Love, like trollkin and duck Cowardice.

Great idea. Will do.

• When I made Garick Ulstorson using the Create Character function, then went into Edit Character to set the skills to his sheet, I saw several situations where skills with a specialization (Ride (Horse), Cult Lore (Orlanth), Speak (Heortling), etc) had two instances.

This is because I use default skills as part of the overall skill map. These skills are at the default level (which means they don't really exist), but could be updated or changed from the Edit Character screen to fit the user's needs.

• Something's still weird in the Power/Form Runes. It almost seems like they aren't balancing correctly. I'll input percentages, hit save, then when I go back into the Edit screen I'll end up with negative percentages, or not the percentages that I had input before. Also, I feel like showing more of the Power/Form runes on the character page would make sense. It's useful to have reference to both halves of the divide. For example, I gave Garick a check in Harmony 26% due to behavior, and a rune with that percentage doesn't show.
  • As I reflect on it, it might be because I'm trying to correct both halves of a Power/Form Rune simultaneously. Maybe that's why I'm ending up with weird numbers.

That would do it. If you edit one of the opposed runes, the other should auto-balance. I could definitely show more (or all) of the form runes. I just wasn't sure if that was a good thing or if it would just clutter up the screen without adding valuable info most of the time. Happy to have folks weigh in on this.

• Could the Runes associated be next to the names of Rune spells on the character pages?

I definitely want to do this. Probably as part of the Spells upgrade.

• Damage Bonus in attacks did not update automatically after characteristic change until I went into the attacks & armor screen. I went in and out without editing anything, and the update occurred.

Gotcha. Added.

• I think when I make a creature/NPC that all of the Power/Form Runes are getting randomly balanced? Though I got Beast 100/Man 80 when I opened the page...

Hmmn. Should be working. Do you have an example? Note that NPCs don't follow hard rules because GMs might want to do something different with them.

• There doesn't seem to be a way to boost a creature's Spirit Combat damage if they're a shaman or assistant shaman.

Edge cases again - I'd add anything else in Powers.

• Thrown weapons should have half Damage Bonus, and some types of attack I believe have none (like Bite).

Good point!

• As I think about it, something like "Input Final Skill:" could be useful for creating established adventurers, with a note that that means skill + mod (that trips me up occasionally). I like the feature where you can hover over to get how the skill got there. The advantage to the adventurer page is that it divvys everything up by skill category and gives you info like Ransom, Occupation, and Standard of Living. The NPCs don't necessarily need that, but I struggled at using the Create New Adventurer function to make established adventurers. Especially because I had no clue what choices were made at creation.

After a character has been created, this is the way that editing skills works. Whatever you type in the skill % field is what you will get. For re-creating existing characters, I would eyeball their sheet against the choice options for homeland, occupation & cult and then edit the character to taste afterwards.

• I've found that my math on character sheets to generate category modifiers and the math Cradle makes don't always match. I don't know if the error's mine or yours. It seems to mostly happen right along the margins of each category increment. Ex I think 4 starts +1; you think 4 ends +0, and 5 starts +1.

Can you give me a specific example? Happy to look into it.

• Also I somehow ended up with Agility and Manipulation category mods of 11 and 21 respectively on the edit character screen. On the character screen though, they were giving 10 and 20 to skills when I hovered over.

This is probably a rounding issue with Javascript. I'll check it out. The changing numbers on the screen are for info though - the real calculations are done after you save.

• A Moon 40% popped up at one stage, and I have no clue how. Don't remember editing the runes for a while prior.
  • Each time I tried using the Create Adventurer option, Darkness turned into my highest Elemental Rune at 90% without any input on my part.

Not sure what is happening here. I've created another few characters and didn't notice anything going weird...

• Back on the Equipment stuff, I can imagine a drop-down section of equipment to choose armor for each location which changed the location AP and auto-calc'd the ENC would be awesome. But complex, and IDK how you'd do wearing leather underneath. Maybe just an "ENC" column in equipment would work, to manually insert what the ENC of an equipment line is, then compare against Max ENC and reduce skills accordingly.

That should be doable. Added to list.

Cheers!

C

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, styopa said:

You're not kidding.  For RQ3 the algorithms are mechanical and consistent, so my building a suite of tools for monster gen, etc was just a matter of writing a lot of formulas.  Bulk work but nothing particularly complex.

When I thought about porting these tools to RQH the reliance of everything on circa-1970s tables that regrettably don't have a mathematical rationale behind them made it...hair-pulling, at my level of programming competence.

Lol. Yeah. I worked on a One Roll Engine game before this one. It was complex, but beautiful. The code in RQG is a hot mess. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Byll said:

Is Accelerate Growth in the Rune Spells menus? I couldn't find it when I looked a day or two ago for an Aldrya cultist.

Thanks for all the work put into this.

There are a few spells missing. I'm doing an update on spells in the next few days. I'll make sure it gets added. 

Edit: Added the missing spell and added to Aldrya (High King Elf) cult..

Edited by Cgeist7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, Cgeist7 said:

I've found that my math on character sheets to generate category modifiers and the math Cradle makes don't always match. I don't know if the error's mine or yours. It seems to mostly happen right along the margins of each category increment. Ex I think 4 starts +1; you think 4 ends +0, and 5 starts +1.

Can you give me a specific example? Happy to look into it.

Sure!

Shadowpaw the baboon has STR 21, SIZ 18, DEX 17, and POW 14. Per the Agility table on RQG 58, he should have (10-5+10+0)=15% modifier. However, the app translates that to +11% on the edit character screen, and +10% on the hover-over. I created Shadowpaw using the NPC generator.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Crel said:

Sure!

Shadowpaw the baboon has STR 21, SIZ 18, DEX 17, and POW 14. Per the Agility table on RQG 58, he should have (10-5+10+0)=15% modifier. However, the app translates that to +11% on the edit character screen, and +10% on the hover-over. I created Shadowpaw using the NPC generator.

Thanks. That was super helpful. I've got it fixed and will roll it out with the movement updates. Just a bit more work to do on them (accounting for different movement types & inheriting from Homelands).