Cradle of Heroes (character creator app)

Cgeist7

Just looking at this again after a while away and WOW! You have put in some real work there. This is awesome. I have been having a play and while creating a character realised you had no Vinga - so added this as a new cult. I think I've done it correctly - but please let me know if it looks wrong. I gather a subcult automatically gets all the skills and spells etc of the main cult (Orlanth). 

The character I made is Alanda Sharp-point - which auto-correct insists on changing to Amanda. Not sure Amanda spear-woman of Vinga sounds as good though. This character ended up with some crazy high passions and also a huge range of passions, so much so I ran out of space own the background section of char gen. In the end I culled a few for simplicity sake. I put her, her parents and grandparents history in as notes.

Question - what do the tags do in the notes section? I can't see a way to search for a note tag

Suggestion - in notes could we have the ability to select a blank for season and week (and maybe even year)?

Once again - fantastic work. Thank you. This makes life soooo much easier 

• Like 1

Hi Marty! Glad you like it!

I have been having a play and while creating a character realised you had no Vinga - so added this as a new cult. I think I've done it correctly - but please let me know if it looks wrong.

The Cult looks awesome! Thank you!

The character I made is Alanda Sharp-point - which auto-correct insists on changing to Amanda. Not sure Amanda spear-woman of Vinga sounds as good though. 

Yeah - the auto-correct comes from the browser, so not much I can do about that. Gotta be vigilant. 🙂

This character ended up with some crazy high passions and also a huge range of passions, so much so I ran out of space own the background section of char gen. In the end I culled a few for simplicity sake. I put her, her parents and grandparents history in as notes.

Yeah here too. I put a reasonable number of spaces in, but you can always add the excess passions and stuff in as a character update. I once thought about automating the character background section, but it ended up being a *lot* of work, so it never made it in. Your choice was exactly right. If there's a big interest, I could add in more passion spaces...

Question - what do the tags do in the notes section? I can't see a way to search for a note tag

Suggestion - in notes could we have the ability to select a blank for season and week (and maybe even year)?

I'd planned on including tags in the overall search. Turns out notes haven't been used a lot though, so I wasn't sure it would be as worthwhile as I thought. 

It wouldn't be a big issue to allow blank seasons, weeks and years. Could you help me to understand what you're hoping to achieve with the change?

Thanks so much for the feedback and for using the app!

C

• Like 1

Thanks for looking it over @Cgeist7. Glad you approve 😉. It was super easy to do the cult. 

With the over abundance of passions, I suspect (but have no concrete proof) that some just don't get used. I mean, if Argrath is not going feature in your game (YGMV) then having Loyalty (White Bull) is going to be irrelevant. There also seems a lot of overlap with passions related to family, clan, temple, tribe and so on. Which is is why it is great that Cradle of Heroes allows you to post-production edit and trim any fat away as needed. 

For the notes, the issue was that I wanted to add the background I had created but was flummoxed by the year / season / week drop down boxes. For example, for the character's grandparents history - I chose the earliest date mentioned in my write up, which kinda makes sense and puts a chronology on it (I just checked and the notes appear to sort by date). But what season / week should I use? I went for end of the end of the year as the only sensible option. But better would be to have a blank option for those 

Anyhow - awesome work and a great boon to the community. RQ is not the easiest sell for new players. The world details are notoriously intimidating and the character creation with all its steps and exceptions equally so. The app makes one of these hurdles easy to overcome.