Fonritian Timeline

Lord High Munchkin

https://notesfrompavis.blog/2017/04/15/fonrit-background-and-culture-for-players/

In addition to this I have made a background history generator for Fonrit that generates a short history for your family line using timelines and events from GtG and other sources. the histories are inlikely to repeat so they can be used also for major NPCs.The histories can be used as a starting point. i will post examples when I get back to my computer. This is not yet published as it is running in ruby on my Mac.

I have also created with campaign-logger description generators for Fonritans. I will post some examples later.

In addition to this encounter generator creates pregens for Fonritans that can likely be modded to RQG with some handwaving https://notesfrompavis.blog/2017/04/14/pregenerated-characters-for-fonrit/

Will gladly compare notes...

• Like 1

Here are few examples....

Siblings: In 1618 at Umathela member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) was caravan guard when Tortrica expells the Afadjanni overlords
Parents: In 1601 at Umathela Father was drafted to the expedition when A Dwarf navy from Slon destroys a stretch of Enkloso
GrandParents: In 1554 at Fonrit GrandMother became a runelord when populace was threatening to rebel in the city of Salonmanad
GreatGrandParents: In 1547 at Fonrit GreatGrandFather was the party animal of the generation when rumors that ancient Vadeli are returning cause riots in the city of Manakofio

Siblings: In 1622 at Jrustela member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) burned a village when Mostali stone fleet sail from Torfang to Zadeel.Terthinus and his allies from Fonrit and Umathela fight against Mostali
Parents: In 1613 at Fonrit Mother laughed at the grave of the enemy when coup attempt by rival faction of city’s rulers in the city of Joboro
GrandParents: In 1570 at Fonrit GrandFather was in the city and got rich when populace was threatening to rebel in the city of Bandiagara
GreatGrandParents: In 1542 at Fonrit GreatGrandMother became friends with a powerful clan when a well known figure was publically executed in the city of Lassana

Siblings: In 1619 at Fonrit member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) saw the events of when a powerful masarin was assassinated in the city of Bangande
Parents: In 1590 at Umathela Mother embraced the enemy faith when Cerngoth occupied by Vadeli
GrandParents: In 1575 at Fonrit GrandMother was asked odd questions by a stranger and was said to become illuminated when bandits and barbarians attack traveling merchants in the city of Formstosi
GreatGrandParents: In 1541 at Fonrit GreatGrandFather made friends with trolls when Jann uses more pressure in the city of Oju Oran
Siblings: In 1617 at Jrustela member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) became a hero when Harrek at Ygg's Islands
Parents: In 1613 at Fonrit Mother succeeded in a Heroquest when Vralan army demands unusual tribute in the city of Tondiji
GrandParents: In 1564 at Fonrit GrandFather was hounded by a spirit the rest of her/his days when mobs battling in the street over Oldster and Renewed philosophies in the city of Manakofio
GreatGrandParents: In 1543 at Fonrit GreatGrandMother was part of when Ternissharh falls to the protect its walls and capitulates to Jann of Afadjann. Massacre follows

Siblings: In 1622 at Fonrit member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) married from outside the clan when Vralan army demands unusual tribute in the city of Abesh
Parents: In 1594 at Fonrit Mother was around when Vadeli and Maslo fleets destroyed at Battle of Oenriko Rocks.
GrandParents: In 1572 at Fonrit GrandMother was an unwitting pawn of chaos when mobs battling in the street over Oldster and Renewed philosophies in the city of Istilinpio
GreatGrandParents: In 1541 at Fonrit GreatGrandMother was absent from duty when Vralan army demands unusual tribute in the city of Ortango

Siblings: In 1621 at Fonrit member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) fell in love with wandering minstrel and left the family when rumors that ancient Vadeli are returning cause riots in the city of Kafeamoro
Parents: In 1612 at Fonrit Father captured when populace was threatening to rebel in the city of Lanbansi
GrandParents: In 1557 at Fonrit GrandMother ambushed the enemy when unruly mobs crowd city as True Prophet lectures in the city of Juguyiri
GreatGrandParents: In 1549 at Fonrit GreatGrandMother rose high in the cult when populace was threatening to rebel in the city of Foronsopis
Siblings: In 1617 at Jrustela member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) was taking advantage of the situation when Harrek at Ygg's Islands
Parents: In 1581 at Fonrit Mother fought a famous duel when rumors that ancient Vadeli are returning cause riots in the city of Promampango
GrandParents: In 1573 at Fonrit GrandMother fell in love with wandering minstrel and left the family when Siwah El starts to pay tribute to Jann of Afadjann.
GreatGrandParents: In 1547 at Fonrit GreatGrandMother was absent from duty when rumors that ancient Vadeli are returning cause riots in the city of Shum Mun

Siblings: In 1621 at Fonrit member of my family (me or my sibling or my cousin) found the family treasure when ancient baby-faced statue discovered in nearby fields; blues rioting in the city of Ormbalak
Parents: In 1606 at Fonrit Father fought a famous duel when Confederation of fierce Pujaleg bat People oppresses the interior of Banamba extracting tribute and sacrifices from the cities
GrandParents: In 1581 at Vadeli Islands GrandMother got married when Dormal discovers Red Vadeli Isles
GreatGrandParents: In 1547 at Fonrit GreatGrandFather was carried on his/her shield from the battlefield when populace was threatening to rebel in the city of Kani-na

• Like 1

I have a timeline for all dated events in Pamaltela, and for the Third age these tend to be more often Fonrit and its neighbours. I think this is every event from the Guide with a year attached though I may have missed some. 

This is just the Third Age portion of it, as that seemed relevant.

Hannu seems to have a few events on his timeline I do not - are these from a particular source, or did you just invent them, Hannu?

1150 start of Wemma Empire rule of Baruling and Western Banamba

~1200 Kresh start to appear

1202 Pure Doctrine Freedomists return to Kareeshtu

1207 Womens Revolt begins in Yelertu

1237 Elassi the Stifler joins the Cult of Silence, and turns it into a debased military conquest movement, establishes Empire of the Silenced. 

1290 Jann of Sarro controls Afadjann, begins expansion against Cult of Silence in Vralos. Conquers Nemabu.

1300 tsanyo movement begins in Koro Salofar

1313 last of the lands of the Silenced fall to the Clamorers. 

1319 Yranian Leapers attack Afadjann, blues revolt

1319 Sarro Empire defeated by Yranian Leapers

1320-1325 Yranian leapers threaten Afadjann

1322-1331 Yranian Leapers invade Vralos

1331 Yranian leapers are forced to “pay off their debt”, decline politically

1331 Nemabu and other cities conquered by Leapers regain independence

1340 Season Wars between Fonrit and elves of Umathela begin

1350 Wemma Empire collapses in civil war

1399 Sedalpist School established by Malkioni scholars.

1411 Empire of Kresh formally established. 

1458 Season Wars end

1458 Immortals of Arawan leave their tomb temple to defeat threatening elves and barbarians

1472 Prophecies of Acac the Reviver, chaos prophet, surface in Fonrit. 

1478 Tortrica rebels - last Fonrit holding in Umathela lost

1490 Garguna conquers Abdjab

1518 Ruler of Hombori Tondo re-enacts deeds of Garangordos, controls Darleester the Noose, becomes Jann of Afadjann. Since then, Jann is always ruler of Hombori Tondo.

1518 Afadjann conquers Garguna

1550 Kresh begin moving into Jolar

1585 After the Opening, Vadeli return to Fonrit

1586 Vadeli establish city of Hadrumal in Umathela to exploit silver mines

1587 Vadeli conquer Kareeshtu

1594 Vadeli defeated. 

1594 Dynast unites Flanch

~1600 Nikosdros establishes naval dominance over Umathela

1601 dwarves of Slon attack the cost of Enkloso

1613 Astamanxyx begin rebellion that ends in him becoming Jann of Afadjann.

1613 Kareeshtu brings new Jann of Afadjann to power. 

1613 Pujaleg Empire first established. 

1613 Pujaleg conquer cities of Dreen, Palramanttenbara, Princes of Tharkrar defeated at Battle of Juguyiri

1613 Kresh wagons begin to disappear

1616 Kresh wagon turned back by Arbennan Confederation in western Zamokil at Battle of Wagons Turned

1618 Terthinus the Voice of the Deep proclaims the Laws of the Dashomo, and devastates Flaurine. 

1622 Harrek the Berserk conquers Banamba in Laskal, leaves to return to Genertela.

1631 Harrek returns to Laskal

• Like 1

If I recall correctly the events come from common uncommon rare events added adjusted by random city from area. The first part after sibling category is my ’creation’ . They are left sometimes at murky level for player to decide which dide his relative was on and what was the particular deed in detail that he participated in. This has been used creatively by players so far...

• Like 2

I think my list is supposed to have all these but it is on purpose randomized what comes up for esch generation. Have to reverify against Dave’s list. I will make my random gen available in some form eventually.... currently it is not ’productized’ and bloody ugly run script from rubymine at local computer

I think what I'm more interested in is using an intermediate level event structure - more like the 'Regional Activity Table' (p. 555 GtG2), but slightly more wide-scale, to give more appropriate events.

Looking at the timetable that Dave kindly gives is that it's too "all over the place" - background events for Fronritian are more localised and pretty urban in scope. There are huge region-spanning events (usually involving the Vadeli somehow), but they are unusual. It's the "middle" sized polities and cultural areas that I think need to be focussed on (as equivalents to 'Grazelands', 'Sartar', or Old Trash' etc.).