AceDashDog

Will it work with RQ III?

Hi, I ran a RQIII Vikings campaign for years, and really fancy joining MI up with that for another stab. As I don't have the BRP rules, are they different enough that this will fall on its' face (everybody do the Flop)?

Cheers

If you still have RQ3 Vikings, you should be able do it. There are a few new skills, but the book explains them. BRP doesn't use Strike Ranks, so just use Vikings. Have look at Pedro's character sheet, it should help. Pedro is here on BRP he might be able to offer some advice @PZiviani.

Yeah, it should work okay. You might have to adjust the magic a bit, and maybe go over the prewritten scenarios and look for any obstacles such as resistance scores, and covert them to Mythras game mechanics. But most of it you can convert on the fly. 

14 hours ago, AceDashDog said:

Thanks all. I note some skill category modifiers are different; are theybthe same as Mythras?

There aren't category modifiers in Mythras.

My guess is the names are those from the skill modifiers option in BRP Big Yellow Book from Chaosium.

7 hours ago, Mugen said:

There aren't category modifiers in Mythras.

Yeah, and not skill bases either. Each skill get's it own formula. For example, Ride% = DEX+POW 

AceDashDog, are you going to run it under RQ3 and incorporate bits from Mythic Iceland, or run Mythic Iceland and incorporate bits from RQ3? 

Mythic Iceland is compatible with RQIII.

The main difference is the magic system. In Mythic Iceland there is a description of rune magic.

I think that you can use both supplements together.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:06 PM, AceDashDog said:

Probably run it under RQIII, unless it connects to RQG - though I've not used that yet

I see no reason why it would not work with RQG.

As a matter of fact, I think RQG runic affinities would be a nice addition to a Mythic Iceland game, even though you'd need to adapt it to Futhark runes.

5 hours ago, Mugen said:

I see no reason why it would not work with RQG.[/quote]

I certainly should work with RQG. The question though is why do it? It already works fine with RQ3, what would be the advantages to converting it over to RQG? Most of the new bits in RQG are Glorantha specific, or backwards compatible to RQ3-saving the GM the effort of recalculating hit points, lowering armor values, combining skills all that for the NPCs in the prewritten scenarios. . 

5 hours ago, Mugen said:

As a matter of fact, I think RQG runic affinities would be a nice addition to a Mythic Iceland game, even though you'd need to adapt it to Futhark runes.

Probably an overhaul. Most of the Furthark are not in in opposition to one another, and most have different meanings than their RQG counterparts. An overhaul could be done, but a GM would need to considered the pros and cons, and how much magic was going to be in the campaign. If a GM wanted to add personality traits and passions, they could port those over to RQ3 easy enough.

I don't see much reason to adapt it to RQG. Now if/when the new RQV (RuneQuest Vikings) comes out, then it might be worth thew switch.