Greg Stafford's King Arthur Pendragon RPG returns to Chaosium ownership

MOB

On 12/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, Atgxtg said:

Definately. Juding from some of the stuff in the Book of Uther, I think an update was probably in the works. Personally, I hope they hold off in a GPC update until they release the stuff that's in the pipeline. THat way if they do update the GPC they can incorporate the stuff from Sires, Castles and Magicians into it. That way we won't need a third update.

I communicated with Stewart Wieck on the matter before he sadly passed away. It was definitely something he was thinking about. 

5 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

I communicated with Stewart Wieck on the matter before he sadly passed away. It was definitely something he was thinking about. 

Well since BoU refers to GPC second edition I think it was something Greg was thinking about too. I suspect he wanted to get Sires, Castles and Magicans out so he could keep everything consistent, get all the names right and so on.

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:42 AM, ajtheronin said:

So, the questions:

1. Will you reprint The Great Pendragon Campaign? Or at least make the Print on Demand?

2. Will Paladin become part of Chaosium? 

3. Will you continue publishing new stuff and reprinting old stuff?

4. Is Stormbringer the next game to return home? Elfquest? Worlds of Wonder?

1. Yes. With updated production values. NO date scheduled. As noted, current edition of GPC is POD on DTRPG.

2. Yes, it is part of the acquisition. Progress on Paladin below.

3. Yes. Please don't ask what and when.

4. Time will tell. We have an interest in seeing Stormbringer and ElfQuest return home, and we still own the rights to Worlds of Wonder.

It's early days, so please do not ask for the timing of NEW products related to this. First priority is fulfilling all remaining Kickstarter obligations. Paladin and Paladin Adventures are about to go to the printers. I reviewed print quotes for them just today. David Larkins will continue as the Pendragon Line Editor. 

• Like 12

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

We at the Chaosium feel great passion for the Pendragon family of games. Many of us played it back when it first came out, and still do on and off to this day. Our excitement at seeing the Chaosium logo on it after an absence of 20 years made us pause and reflect on how much we missed being its caretaker. Over the last few years Greg told us how he hoped it would one day return to Chaosium, and now it has. Stay tuned. We intend to do far more than merely reprint and POD the current and back catalog. So many things to do...

• Like 12

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

55 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

We at the Chaosium feel great passion for the Pendragon family of games. Many of us played it back when it first came out, and still do on and off to this day. Our excitement at seeing the Chaosium logo on it after an absence of 20 years made us pause and reflect on how much we missed being its caretaker. Over the last few years Greg told us how he hoped it would one day return to Chaosium, and now it has. Stay tuned. We intend to do far more than merely reprint and POD the current and back catalog. So many things to do...

Thanks for the update... and these wonderful words!

Take your time. I'll sit back and wait. There's enough material to keep anyone who loves King Arthur Pendragon busy for literally years.

But looking forward to what you all create for this terrific game!

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

3 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

This just made 2019 something to really look forward to to me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...