Jump to content
Qstor

Beyond the Mts of Madness

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Qstor said:

Are there any plans to re-release a print version? It's $240 on Amazon yikes...

 

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Mountains-Madness-Sourcebook-Roleplaying/dp/1568821387

This happened the first time it was released and went out of print. You can still buy the PDF at drivethrurpg if you want. 

There was a mooted, though not official, hint that a second edition may occur some time down the line, but no announcements have been made. 

I, for one, would pay for a Mitts of Madness scenario - wherein gloves of an ancient evil design, casts clouds over the sanity of the wearer whenever it gets a bit snowy and cold. :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I completed the Mountain of Madness story, I am anxious to run my players through this campaign. I love the snow settings and the forgotten and distant horrors that the group will experience. I heard this campaign, along with the masks is quite daunting for the Keeper and I plan to print the PDF out to be able to write and mark things down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chaosium has BtMoM on our list of titles to potentially update for the 7th edition. However, it is not currently on our production schedule.

We might do a POD version of it in the mean time, but it is not currently available as POD.

Also, I feel I should point out that Amazon is often a very poor place to shop for such out of print items. You will have far better luck if you patiently watch Ebay for the book to be auctioned at a reasonable price. Some Buy it Now copies are expensive there too, but I have seen decent copies go for $50-$100 every few months.

Edited by Rick Meints
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EricW said:

You can read most lovecraft stuff for free online. Much of it is out of copyright.

http://hplovecraft.com/ 

Eric,

I'm 99.99% sure that the OP is specifically asking about the Chaosium CoC supplement called "Beyond the Mountains of Madness", and not the original work of fiction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

 

I, for one, would pay for a Mitts of Madness scenario - wherein gloves of an ancient evil design, casts clouds over the sanity of the wearer whenever it gets a bit snowy and cold. :) 

 

The concept has legs.  I can totally see an Oven Mitts of Madness (what is consuming the great chefs of Europe?) supplement, followed by Baseball Mitts of Madness (who has 18 tentacles and catches flies?) as Mythos forces conquer the Earth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The Chaosium has BtMoM on our list of titles to potentially update for the 7th edition. However, it is not currently on our production schedule.

We might do a POD version of it in the mean time, but it is not currently available as POD.

Also, I feel I should point out that Amazon is often a very poor place to shop for such out of print items. You will have far better luck if you patiently watch Ebay for the book to be auctioned at a reasonable price. Some Buy it Now copies are expensive there too, but I have seen decent copies go for $50-$100 every few months.

Rick, is there any mileage in revising the Lovecraft Country line, or doing more scenarios/campaigns that are extensions/sequels or even prequels for actual Lovecraft tales?

I have to say, Beyond the Mountains of Madness was pretty awesome. 

Edited by TrippyHippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, seneschal said:

The concept has legs.  I can totally see an Oven Mitts of Madness (what is consuming the great chefs of Europe?) supplement, followed by Baseball Mitts of Madness (who has 18 tentacles and catches flies?) as Mythos forces conquer the Earth.

Don't forget the GM's book, Methods of Madness. Just be careful though that you don't get sucked into buying a Condo of Madness timeshare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Rick, is there any mileage in revising the Lovecraft Country line, or doing more scenarios/campaigns that are extensions/sequels or even prequels for actual Lovecraft tales?

 I have to say, Beyond the Mountains of Madness was pretty awesome. 

Yes, there are some plans for releasing more material for Lovecraft Country.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Yes, there are some plans for releasing more material for Lovecraft Country.

This is excellent news! 

Also, any plans on releasing a series of scenarios about mittens?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×