Uses for Magic

Richard S.

What are some fun, unique, or really cool uses or combinations of spells that you or your players have come up with? How did they end up working in play? I think it would be fun if we could make some sort of document of these ideas for RQG, like the one that Sandy Peterson made for RQ3.

One of my favorites from our history was a Trickster PC using Illusion Magic to create a Window in the very top of a Wizard's Tower. It was of course booby trapped and heavily defended all the way up but, the Trickster and Orlanthi came up with the idea of going in from the top. They flew the party up on air elementals and then the Trickster created an Illusory Window in the roof and the whole party dropped right down onto the wizard's lap!

OH MAN! I just remembered the BEST one we ever did probably. We were running the Cradle Adventure on our Great Argrath Campaign, the second time we had done it. We had our newest member playing the Argrath role, he was and still is one of the most out of the box thinkers I have gamed with. His idea was to use a couple Large Air Elementals we had in the party to power the most ridiculous contraption I have ever even heard of. Our Argrath gathered together several large Pieces of Rubble and tied them together with chains or piles of rope or something. Then he used the Air Elementals to spin this tangle of ropes and rubble just below the walls of the Cradle. As the attackers jumped over the walls with seemingly not resistance, they were mangled by the ropes and rocks that suddenly sprung to life. The next wave fell in, then I think another, before they figured out what the heck was up and how to go about trying to dismantle this deathtrap. It was truly amazing. 

The trickster in our previous campaign used a Hallucinate spell to escape from a hellhound on a Lightbringers' Quest. He created a flying carpet and was farting more speed for it. The funny thing was that only he could see the illusions he created. The hellhound looked a bit confused... 

Edited by Harrek

I might have mentioned my Krarshti-Courtesan-Assassins before. They seduce a client, get naked, get jiggy, hug their target and then cast Sweat Acid ...

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

I might have mentioned my Krarshti-Courtesan-Assassins before. They seduce a client, get naked, get jiggy, hug their target and then cast Sweat Acid ...

I've assumed that was the primary use of the spell for ages. Wrestlers who have been searched for weapons also become pretty scary. 

• Like 1