Sign in to follow this  
Baelor

Troll Break Market Map and Legend

Here is a map of the Troll Break that I drew. If there is an extant map, I have not seen it. This one, obviously, is not canon, but follows the published lore in Pavis and the Big Rubble. It is also linked to a bunch of other troll-stuff I have written of late, including trollish tradegoods and some possible inhabitants of the Market. Included in this post is a smaller copy of the map, but you can click through to get a larger one in pdf.

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-205-troll-break-market-map-and-legend

Troll Break Market sized copy.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, soltakss said:

Thanks - I'll add this to the Big Rubble as soon as I can, probably some time next week.

Is your map somewhere we can all enjoy the awesomeness?  Linky please ?!?

On 1/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, Baelor said:

Here is a map of the Troll Break that I drew. If there is an extant map, I have not seen it. This one, obviously, is not canon, but follows the published lore in Pavis and the Big Rubble. It is also linked to a bunch of other troll-stuff I have written of late, including trollish tradegoods and some possible inhabitants of the Market. Included in this post is a smaller copy of the map, but you can click through to get a larger one in pdf.

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-205-troll-break-market-map-and-legend

I'm having trouble placing this in the Troll Break, as I can't place which roads are which.

Your other maps have a big star where the location is, could you do the same for this, to stop me seeming as stupid as I am?

On 1/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, soltakss said:

I'm having trouble placing this in the Troll Break, as I can't place which roads are which.

Troll Break map is directly matching Rubble map (available on Glorantha.com) from HQ Pavis: GtA

[ISS2004] Pavis-Big-Rubble-Map-Troll-Lands.jpg

Edited by 7Tigers

On 1/12/2019 at 8:54 AM, 7Tigers said:

Troll Break map is directly matching Rubble map (available on Glorantha.com) from HQ Pavis: GtA

Ah, many thanks. I don't have that as a separate image and was working from previous maps of the Big Rubble.

I'll have to check my PDF of HQ Pavis:GTA, extract the map and see what goodies it has that I haven't yet captured.

4 hours ago, soltakss said:

Ah, many thanks. I don't have that as a separate image and was working from previous maps of the Big Rubble.

I'll have to check my PDF of HQ Pavis:GTA, extract the map and see what goodies it has that I haven't yet captured.

Just be aware that the map given in glorantha.com link above ( https://www.glorantha.com/docs/map-of-the-big-rubble/ ) is of far better quality (600 dpi) than the one in Pavis pdf...

2 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

Just be aware that the map given in glorantha.com link above ( https://www.glorantha.com/docs/map-of-the-big-rubble/ ) is of far better quality (600 dpi) than the one in Pavis pdf...

Many thanks for the link. I have saved it off and will resize and add as a background layer for my Big Rubble Map, so that I can add features from it later.

Yes! When I found this map I did the Happy little Runequester dance!

Soltakss: The attached image shows where I was trying to cover in greater detail with my map. As may be seen, it is not a perfect fit, and not completely faithful to what was there. Troll Lane on my map corresponds to the main route intoTroltown, and Xaragang Way on my map corresponds to the road heading north from it.

Also: Love your master map of the Rubble and linked locations!!!

Pavis Troll Break Market .jpeg

Edited by Baelor

Thanks - Now that I am aware of this map, I'll use more things based on it.

I don't have an eye for detail and rarely draw local maps for my campaigns, so I love it when people draw local maps that I can use.