Not sure how I feel...

Tywyll

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

To me, it makes sense that you get them back on holy days, and holy days only happen once a season.

As I noted earlier in the thread, I don't think that is the intent at all to only happen once per season - those are the seasonal holy days which are referenced.  There are clearly minor, weekly holy days referenced as well.  That they are not explicitly spelled out by cult I don't see as an issue - most are fairly obvious which day they'd fall on.  

For Initiates, I am fine with getting them back every Season, as that is better than they had in previous versions of RQ.

For Rune Levels, I would play that they should be able to get them back due to their closer relationship with their deity.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

16 hours ago, HreshtIronBorne said:

We've been running Eleven Lights with RQG basically RAW and seen great success. At least players can use ANY spells before becoming Priests or Runelords in RQG versus RQ2/3

I am prepping the same (how friggin good is Eleven Lights, amirite?!) Just curious what did you do for Family History?  I am currently crunching out some new personal tables that take into account some of the prior events mentioned in The Coming Storm (like the raid in 1615), and adjusting the tables in the Core book to reflect a strict Sartarite slant.  I'm interested in how other approached tihs.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 4:46 PM, Tywyll said:

True, but lesser (non-seasonal) holy days aren't really mentioned.

That's cos many cults don't get them. Instead they get RP back by worshipping as Associated Cults on the weekly Holy Days of the major Cults to which they are associated. So Lightbringers and Storm Tribe Cultists get to worship along with Orlanthi on Windsday, Earth Tribe Associates get to Worship on Clayday with Ernalda/Eiritha. Fire Tribe go to Temple on Fireday, and so on. Quite a few Cults get to join in on more than one day. Same applies to Seasonal Holy Days and that means even more Worship ceremonies per season if they happen to not fall on a 'normal' weekly day for the major cults.  It also applies in reverse: Orlanthi get to worship as Associates at all the other Lightbringers' Seasonal Holy Days, for example.

So most Sartarites will get 2d6 RP back, most weeks, as co-associates of Orlanth and Ernalda.

• Like 3