Rick Meints

The Printed RQ GM Screen Pack

This just arrived this week. These are photos of the final printed items that will go into the GM Screen Pack. These are getting collated, and will be headed to the warehouse soon. This is an advance copy of the ACTUAL FINAL items.IMG_2897.thumb.JPG.278ecc091f6c732436b06fca8709f85e.JPGIMG_2898.thumb.JPG.55e12a7cd41e541a9a5dac7bbad37a88.JPGIMG_2899.thumb.JPG.34fab6e5e6f06377b8da4d6440a4aee0.JPGIMG_2900.thumb.JPG.1e2712775158426c862049d769bffdc9.JPGIMG_2901.thumb.JPG.beae4a05781abf46d177e0292fc71006.JPGIMG_2902.thumb.JPG.d08620b2e1fbe20ec363f1f0c7f7f5d4.JPGIMG_2903.thumb.JPG.71b8364681166a9798ee1359f9a25169.JPGIMG_2904.thumb.JPG.99747e62b9f96c27900655a0c89d7ed9.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Yoooo those look sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy once they're available. With how my schedule is, there's a good chance I could get it before my next session!

• Like 1

Wait. I have to ask.

Does the screen actually keep the axis of the Dodge and Parry charts flipped as in the RQG, so that the attack runs down the vertical edge on the Parry table, while the attack runs along the horizontal edge on the Dodge table?

Because... why would anyone set the tables up that way?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, creativehum said:

Wait. I have to ask.

Does the screen actually keep the axis of the Dodge and Parry charts flipped as in the RQG, so that the attack runs down the vertical edge on the Parry table, while the attack runs along the horizontal edge on the Dodge table?

Because... why would anyone set the tables up that way?

Yes, you can see on the first image there that it does.

I‘m starting to see a pattern here. Admit it, folks, you simply want RQG to be the most frickin‘ gorgeous RPG ever made... 😍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foolcat said:

I‘m starting to see a pattern here. Admit it, folks, you simply want RQG to be the most frickin‘ gorgeous RPG ever made... 😍

This!

7 hours ago, foolcat said:

Yep! And we have even more plans along this line.....

• Like 4

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the maps, especially.

What's the news on the printed Bestiary? The PDF for it was released before this GM pack, but now it seems the GM pack gets printed before the Bestiary. Or have I missed something (wouldn't be the first time)? Hopefully the printed Bestiary is hot on the heels of the GM Pack.

And very shortly after the Bestiary, the slipcase set(s)! Since all three components of that will be ready at that point :)

2 hours ago, Lurking Grue said:

What's the news on the printed Bestiary? The PDF for it was released before this GM pack, but now it seems the GM pack gets printed before the Bestiary. Or have I missed something (wouldn't be the first time)? Hopefully the printed Bestiary is hot on the heels of the GM Pack.

All printed books (Core reprint, Bestiary, GM Pack, Slipcase) will be in same containers on the 3 boats. They will be available for customers at same time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7Tigers said:

All printed books (Core reprint, Bestiary, GM Pack, Slipcase) will be in same containers on the 3 boats. They will be available for customers at same time.

Is the RQG core rule 1st printing still available?

Kloster

I have to say, I prefer the standard character sheets rather than the 'artisan' ones - 'busy' character sheets are a bugbear of mine. I like to be able to find information quickly and easily. 

The screen, calendar and maps looks awesome.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

They will be available for customers at same time.

my wallet is not going to like that...

Edited by Psullie

5 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

That's fantastic, I was wondering about this as well, can't wait!

I suppose it's worth reminding folks that you can buy the PDFs NOW (generally Chaosium prices them near-ish to half to cost of the hardcopy) and when the printed version is in fulfillment centers they will send you a "coupon" (a code to enter at their webstore) for that same amount the PDF cost, that applies toward the printed copy.

In effect, it's a "PDF is free with the printed copy" policy... but I like to think of it as getting the PDF early when I put down a deposit on my pre-order (but Chaosium doesn't DO pre-orders ... so I just pretend reeeeally hard... )

Edited by g33k
F'ing autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Yep! And we have even more plans along this line.....

You are an evil, evil man, sir.

I approve.

1 hour ago, Sumath said:

I have to say, I prefer the standard character sheets rather than the 'artisan' ones - 'busy' character sheets are a bugbear of mine. I like to be able to find information quickly and easily. 

The screen, calendar and maps looks awesome.

We've found the "artsy" ones much more difficult to use. There are some background effects that make reading a skill marked down in pencil very hard to read, for instance.