Sign in to follow this  
Ultor

Vampires and Spell Drain

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

For me the dancers in Darkness are corrupted Nymphs rather than Vampires, they are Marsh Nymphs, so have some crossover between Water and Earth Nymphs, but have been corrupted by Delecti.

They are written up as vampires, looking and acting as vampires do.  In what way are they not vampires?  That they don't steal spells?  I have yet to see a single gloranthan vampire which makes spell-stealing as a major cause for fear (let alone a minor one).  Rather than waste words and energy about how so-and-so aren't vampires, you would be better advised to describe how and why vampire spell stealing is scary.

"Oh no, Mazoo is a vampire.  He raises armies of undead and is so strong that he rips people's hearts out in front of them!  How can we fight such a monster?"

Compared with:

"Oh no, Mazoo is a vampire.  He kidnaps magicians and imprison them for lengthy periods of time so he can steal there magic.  If we act fast, we can rescue his latest victims!"

But as I've made similar arguments over the past two decades, I haven't seen anything more than special pleading from the usual suspects.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, metcalph said:

But as I've made similar arguments over the past two decades, I haven't seen anything more than special pleading from the usual suspects.

Usual suspects on both sides of the argument.