Jump to content
Runeblogger

RuneQuest chat at The Kraken con 2018

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I attended the excellent The Kraken convention in October last year. There, Jason Durall talked about some upcoming books for RuneQuest on Saturday. Then on Sunday Jeff Richard talked a bit about what he's doing with heroquests for RuneQuest, which I think looks really promising.

Read the write-up about Saturday (probably old news by now, but anyway)

Read the write-up about Sunday

Interesting? :)

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Darkness at Runegate sounds really interesting. I checked out on the web to have the summary of a session and I love it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jps said:

And Darkness at Runegate sounds really interesting. I checked out on the web to have the summary of a session and I love it already.

I guess it's a convention scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Runeblogger said:

Hi,

I attended the excellent The Kraken convention in October last year. There, Jason Durall talked about some upcoming books for RuneQuest on Saturday. Then on Sunday Jeff Richard talked a bit about what he's doing with heroquests for RuneQuest, which I think looks really promising.

Read the write-up about Saturday (probably old news by now, but anyway)

Read the write-up about Sunday

Interesting? :)

"and ended up talking about Pendragon with Regis Pannier"

heh -- old player in my Parisian campaign, introduced him to RuneQuest back in the day ...

Nice to know he's still at it !!! B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 11:41 PM, Julian Lord said:

"and ended up talking about Pendragon with Regis Pannier"

heh -- old player in my Parisian campaign, introduced him to RuneQuest back in the day ...

Nice to know he's still at it !!! B)

He also used to be a player in our group 🙂
He's had the bad idea of moving to your area; I'm not sure he's still playing RQ these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re going back to Pavis and the Big Rubble, I genuinely hope:

- this time, there's more to the rubble.  I mean, this is a major city that is now fully monster-infested ruins!  If canon is held to, there are whole communities and ecosystems in and under those ruins....truly that should end up a massive tome, enough to be comparable to Paizo's shackled city, for example.  See Wizards TOA Omu as an example of a much smaller urban area made into interesting ruins.

- ....that this is our last visit to these places.  I understand the narrative draw, I do.  But rather than rehashing places that have been so thoroughly trodden, let's find NEW interesting places for RQG to thrive in?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, styopa said:

Re going back to Pavis and the Big Rubble, I genuinely hope:

- this time, there's more to the rubble.  I mean, this is a major city that is now fully monster-infested ruins!  If canon is held to, there are whole communities and ecosystems in and under those ruins....truly that should end up a massive tome, enough to be comparable to Paizo's shackled city, for example.  See Wizards TOA Omu as an example of a much smaller urban area made into interesting ruins.

I hope that too. 😀 I trust the project is in good hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×