Sign in to follow this  
MOB

Twenty RuneQuest Shields are being made...

Our friends at Type40 are making a very limited batch of 20 RuneQuest shields. Hand-finished, and made from 3mm spun aluminium, 25 inches in diameter with a 120mm central boss. The shields have a highly detailed solid cast bronze handle, laser-cut dragon fascia, and laser-cut runes to your selection. Each comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. All made in Australia by Type40.

For more information: https://type40.com.au/product/official-runequest-shield

790088548_IMG_4241(1).JPG.8fb1d6361cea49570719e53f462bd328.JPG

• Like 5

Thanks for posting this.

On the one hand, ooh those look lovely.

On the other hand, $1125 equates to about 626 pounds, plus postage, ouch!

If I had a spare 600-odd plus postage then I might think about it.

In any case, it would come in handy to protect myself when my wife found out how much I had spent on it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Speaking as a grognard (who spent maybe more than I should on the RQClassic KS) I have always winced a bit at the oft-repeated accusations I've seen:  that said KS was partly to cash in on older/richer fans -- fans with more disposable income than sense (given how "obsolete" the RQ2 book is in the 20teen RPG scene).

I cannot find it in me to justify the expense of these shields, but I admit to wistful more-than-admiration!  It makes me wince, again.

With items like this, and the also-amazing / also $1K-ish HPLS Masks prop-set, I am finding it hard to rebut the notion that Chaosium has a set of fans who have a really startling-to-me amount of money to spend on gaming stuff.

More power to 'em (even if I don't understand the financial priorities that justify these buys).  I hope the fans get great joy from all these products, and that Chaosium & their licensee's prosper!

• Like 2

Really, @MOB, you tempt me to spend a lot of money for something, that I would like to have (just for the fun of it), but certainly do not need and also cannot justify to buy ... 😟

Triggering this kind of personal conflict forbids completely to spend a like for your post ... 😉

Edited by Oracle
  • Like 2

It's great that third-party companies are doing offers like this. It means that there is a popular market for RuneQuest/Gloranthan things.

Now, I know that this kind of thing is very niche, but there are a number of other things that make me feel that RuneQuest/Glorantha is not just about the roleplaying rules/supplements. We have miniatures being KickStarted, various wooden trackers, customised dice and so on.

It looks very healthy at the moment.

• Like 1

Lord, I missed the broken tower miniatures Kickstarter. Any chance I could still get my paws on those? ^^

1 hour ago, jps said:

Lord, I missed the broken tower miniatures Kickstarter. Any chance I could still get my paws on those? ^^

The miniatures from the Kickstarter (as well as other miniatures) are available from the Infinity Engine web site:

https://www.infinity-engine.com/index.php?id_product=90&controller=product

Edited by Oracle
  • Like 1

Excellent, thanks :)

I need to include this website to my favorites. 

Edit: there are a few things for RuneQuest there ^^I ordered the broken tower set and the sampler set. While I was at it, I thought, the runes tokens and a strike rank track wouldn't hurt either.

Really a good website, I recommend it

Edited by jps