Why is Helamakt not more prominent in the Orlanth pantheon.

kr0p0s

14 hours ago, metcalph said:

As mentioned before they are Rune Spells.  To get the effects of HeroQuest, they probably have to be boosted with a Hero Point according to various hints dropped here and there.

It depends on the version.

In HW/HQ feats are pretty much rune spells, with more flexible usage if they have slightly ambiguous names. In HQG, the rune spell equivalent is just use of a divine rune affinity (and in a sense by RQG not forcing you to pre-decide your rune spells the two have become closer). in HQG feats are heroforming, and intended to mirror the kind of magic seen in the extract from Harmast Saga in Gloranthan Visions called : Morden defends the Camp. You become the hero and gain access to a whole range of abilities whilst heroformed (until the terminal conditions are met or you are identity challenged). I guess in RQG terms it would be like being able to access a pool of rune spells by becoming a hero, and being able to spend points on any rune spells in that pool whilst the effect lasted. But HQG is trying to mirror Greg's writing more than RQG.

• Like 2

For me, Runespells in RQG are like breakouts in HQG, but Feats in HQG are like HeroQuest Abilities, or HeroPaths, in RQG, although they have not yet been defined.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 1/23/2019 at 11:58 PM, Ali the Helering said:

Now you must die....😇

Oh? A duel? Bring it on, but I must warn you, Soltak Stormspear was quite tasty back in the day. Those Illuminated Orlanthi/Uroxi/Humakti can be quite nasty in combat.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

Runespells in RQG are like breakouts in HQG, but Feats in HQG are like HeroQuest Abilities, or HeroPaths, in RQG, although they have not yet been defined.

Some feats I might treat as rune spells, but I agree that many would be HeroQuest abilities as you try to get closer and closer to incarnating your deity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ian Cooper said:

It depends on the version.

In HW/HQ feats are pretty much rune spells, with more flexible usage if they have slightly ambiguous names. In HQG, the rune spell equivalent is just use of a divine rune affinity (and in a sense by RQG not forcing you to pre-decide your rune spells the two have become closer). in HQG feats are heroforming, and intended to mirror the kind of magic seen in the extract from Harmast Saga in Gloranthan Visions called : Morden defends the Camp. You become the hero and gain access to a whole range of abilities whilst heroformed (until the terminal conditions are met or you are identity challenged). I guess in RQG terms it would be like being able to access a pool of rune spells by becoming a hero, and being able to spend points on any rune spells in that pool whilst the effect lasted. But HQG is trying to mirror Greg's writing more than RQG.

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

For me, Runespells in RQG are like breakouts in HQG, but Feats in HQG are like HeroQuest Abilities, or HeroPaths, in RQG, although they have not yet been defined.

I think this matches my understanding of Feats much better than just seeing them as Rune Spells ...

• 10 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 6:52 PM, kr0p0s said:

On a  side note, the RuneQuest Bestiary mentions a slew of other Umbroli with interesting abilities (Knifewind, Breathtaker etc) . However the Windhags, pale maidens, bridgekeepers and well spirits are given no descriptions beyond their names.

Look here for Windhags, pale maidens, bridgekeepers and well spirits descriptions (still not fixed in Bestiary pdf by the way...) :

w