Sign in to follow this  
Alarius

Ulanin subcult for RQ:G

Hi all.

I'm running the Eleven Light for RQ:G and I want to create the Ulanin Cult as a subcult for Orlanth. Before think to much in the matter, I'd like to listen to your advices. All of them would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Alarius

1 hour ago, Alarius said:

I'm running the Eleven Light for RQ:G and I want to create the Ulanin Cult as a subcult for Orlanth.

As a subcult, keep it simple. Ulanin is a horse rider, so the subcult might provide an additional skill for training (i.e. Ride or Animal Lore) and either one spirit magic (e.g. Vigor) or Rune spell (probably Beast or Movement related).  Could be something like a variant of the Rune spell Draw Beast, but specific to horses. Or something like True Ride that doubles the Ride skill.

• Like 1

To the extent that Ulanin worship is well-defined enough to be a full-fledged subcult (as opposed to just a local land god folk offer sacrifices to), he likely provides Command Horse.

He certainly is not a better riding god than Hyalor.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

He certainly is not a better riding god than Hyalor.

How about a spell that means that neither the horse nor the rider can become unstuck from the saddle for the duration?  It is useful when breaking in a horse, and sort of useful at other times too.  Of course there are worse things than falling off a horse... like when it rolls on you and you can't escape.

Here's what I took from reading the cult write up.

Spirit magic taught:  Heal, mobility

Cult rune magic:  Control Horse, Leap

Skills taught:  Ride Horse.  Lance,  2H spear,  Animal Lore

Ability taught:  Remain Mounted.  This is not a skill with %'s , it is an ability.  Damage must overcome the riders DEX and SIZE to dismount him.

Heroquest Ability:  Ulanin's Thunderous Charge.  This ability only available to Rune level worshippers, allows the rider to release a Thunderbolt at the end of a horse charge that does knockback damage to anyone on foot equal to the Thunderbolt's damage in a range of 6 meters.

Edited by Pentallion
  • Like 1

I have just thought of another spell that Ulanin might potentially teach.  Consider that spells like shield don't apply to your mount.  Suppose you had a spell that meant that the horse received the same magical protection as their rider?

• Like 1