Hello everyone,

I've come across Glorantha and have started reading a lot, as of late. Enough that I'd be very happy to take the plunge and actually play the game, save for one issue: I don't know where to find anyone to play with!

I don't want to post in the wrong spot, so please tell me if this isn't the right place and I'll go elsewhere. If not, I'll be very, very happy to join any online group to play runequest with, and anyone interested in adding a player can message me here or add me on Discord under the tag Karhast#5688

Hi Karhast - Where are you based? That might help. 

There might be a convention near you that has a RQ or Gloranthan game. There is a Gloranthan convention in Birmingham (UK) in March, for example, but that might be a long way for you.

Also, a lot of people play online nowadays, so that might be a good way of getting a game.

Thank you for the response!

I am indeed Dutch, based out of Rotterdam for good measure. Unfortunately, both Germany and England are quite far out the way for me to travel, and the tabletop scene here in Rotterdam is.. Not good, either.

Playing online does sound nice, though I've not found any groups either. I have now joined the Chaosium Discord, at least, so here's hoping.

Isn't there some action on Roll20?

Also, FYI the OP -- the world of Glorantha currently has 3+ different RPG's:

1. Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (usually "RQG" online) - the recently-updated (and gloriously presented) revision of the old rules from the late-70s & early-80s.
  2. Heroquest Glorantha (usually "HQG" online) - a more "narrative" game engine, less of the "traditional RPG" simulationism.
  3. 13th Age in Glorantha (usually "13G" online) - "13th Age" is a d20 variant, co-developed by the D&D3 & D&D4 lead designers; 13G is their 13A loveletter to the world of Glorantha.

That "+" (in the "3+" above) is that the "Golden Age of RQ" edition (RQ2) has been returned to print via a Kickstarter a few years back (and RQ1 in PDF).

The point is:  if you are loving the WORLD, you have a nice variety of systems to suit your preference, and play in the world!

Edited by g33k
typo

On 2/19/2019 at 10:28 AM, Karhast said:

I'd prefer voice over text, but I can five it a try. Thank you.

If you are responding to my comment, RPOL.net supports lots of voice games (the majority from what I understand). I know when we were playing Scion we used RPOL for dice and Mumble for voice.