#ShipsofRQ are on their way...

MOB

1 hour ago, Steve3742 said:

But I read in another thread that you're only able to redeem one voucher per order. Is this true?

I haven't heard that, in fact I'm pretty sure I've heard the opposite. At the very least, if the site only supports one voucher then they can issue you one voucher that covers all the PDFs you have bought.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/4/2019 at 4:40 AM, MOB said:

If you already own the RQG core rulebook you will be able to buy an empty slipcase and also order the Bestiary and GM Pack to complete the set. For a limited time this will be available at a special bundled price.

If you have purchased the PDFs of the Bestiary and the GM Pack, you will receive coupons for the full price of these PDFs off the cost of the printed books.

The first printing of the core rulebook is sold out. The second printing of the rulebook features many corrections as well as brighter artwork.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Rick Meints said:

The Leatherette bound version of the Rulebook and the Bestiary, sold separately, or in a slipcase, will be sold at the same time as the regular hardcover books and slipcase set.

Please NOTE: Empty slipcases and partial slipcase sets (Bestiary and GM Screen pack with a slipcase) will not be sold through distribution. Those items will only be available on Chaosium.com. Retail stores will have the full slipcase set, plus the rulebook, bestiary, and GM screen pack for individual purchase.

these two posts from an older thread make it sound like you will be able to use the coupons on both books and also they will have a partial slipcase set available online. 

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Which thread?

Was it a Chaosium person who said that?

I can't remember the thread, I'm afraid. But no, it wasn't a Chaosium person, it was a customer who'd been unable to use more than one voucher.

2 hours ago, jarulf said:

I believe that you can contact Chaosium support and they'll give you a new voucher for all the items you want to get.

Well, that'd be great. But I do seriously believe that a lot of people intend to use both vouchers for the same order. If they all contact Chaosium support on the same day (or even in the same week), Chaosium support is likely to be overwhelmed.

Actually, whilst looking for the original thread, I found a quote from Rick Meints that addresses this issue

On 3/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, Rick Meints said:
  • We will do all we can to provide you with the correct discount coupon based on your PDF purchases. If we screw that up please contact customerservice@chaosium.com and we will send you a custom coupon that precisely fits your situation.
  • We will be sending out discount coupons (for PDF purchases made on chaosium.com) a day or so before the printed items go on sale. Thus, we have not sent out any discount coupons yet. We do not have a specific date for sending them out because we do not have a specific guaranteed date the items will clear customs and be in the warehouse.

So, it looks like Chaosium will be sending single discount vouchers that work for both PDF purchases combined, ie $35 discount vouchers instead of a $15 and a $20. And that these will be possible to use against a purchase of either both items or the slipcase and both items bundle. So that's fine then. Sorry for having worried you all.

image.gif.6e10483dce65a3d31c9aab2215cd0502.gif

8 hours ago, jarulf said:

I believe that you can contact Chaosium support and they'll give you a new voucher for all the items you want to get.

That's right. I encountered the same problem when I ordered "The Glorantha Sourcebook" and "RuneQuest: RolePlaying in Glorantha".

I sent a message to this address:  customerservice@chaosium.com

I received a quick and kind answer with a solution. May be isn't there a problem anymore with the coupon codes but rest assured you will not be let down if it comes.   ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corvantir said:

I received a quick and kind answer with a solution. May be isn't there a problem anymore with the coupon codes but rest assured you will not be let down if it comes.   ;)

Dustin has been great with my questions and concerns

cheers

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 3/15/2019 at 3:14 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Dustin has been great with my questions and concerns

I have also had (a very few) occasion to consult with Dustin, and have been impressed every time.

C'es ne pas un .sig

OK, boys and girls, get a grip shall we?

The edition is on your continent. It is being transported as we speak to your distributor of choice, be it Chaosium or your FLGS. You will have it in your grubby little covetous fingers within a month. So breathe. Even if you hold your breath until you turn blue, they won't get there any faster.

Don't get me wrong here... I wantz da Preciouseses too, at least as much as you do. My only physical copy of the RQG rules has Greg Stafford's autograph and I'm terrified of it getting buggered up.

15 hours ago, svensson said:

My only physical copy of the RQG rules has Greg Stafford's autograph and I'm terrified of it getting buggered up.

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of buying things and not using them but in your case, you might want to consider keeping that copy as a memento and either buying a 'work' copy or printing out the PDF into a work copy. If you do the latter, and you're into bookbinding, you could make it look fancy - bound in red (or terracotta) leather with an engraved Man Rune on the front, for example. See this You Tube Video for ideas. Or this one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve3742 said:

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of buying things and not using them but in your case, you might want to consider keeping that copy as a memento and either buying a 'work' copy or printing out the PDF into a work copy. If you do the latter, and you're into bookbinding, you could make it look fancy - bound in red (or terracotta) leather with an engraved Man Rune on the front, for example. See this You Tube Video for ideas. Or this one.

I agree with that. I don't keep multiples copies of 90% of the games I own. Very few of us have shelf space for that. But you're right about my current copy being a memento.

My purpose in buying the slipcover edition is to get the additional materials [Bestiary and GM Pack] and have a cover to protect the memento copy. That and supporting both Chaosium and my FLGS, of course.

27 minutes ago, svensson said:

I did not see anything in the announcement about pre-orders. Are they available or will they just get mobbed on street date? :)

@MOB?

Might there be a possible pun there or have I been hanging at Puns we know and love for far too long. 

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

March 28. If (a hard IF) there is a hard Brexit on March 29 I think we can look forward to some chaotic weeks before the shipments from UK arriwes in mainland Europe. I think that Brexit will be postponed but it may be an extremely busy period for the logistics industry. A lot of people will try to order things from the UK next week if there seems to be a Brexit on the 29th. The pound will be very cheap and the tariffs will come after.

7 hours ago, Soccercalle said:

If (a hard IF) there is a hard Brexit on March 29 I think we can look forward to some chaotic weeks before the shipments from UK arriwes in mainland Europe.

It's probably impossible to speculate with any certainty about what's going to happen. As someone in the UK who watches this stuff very closely, I would say that May's almost certainly not going to get her deal through, but there might be movement on a 2nd Ref or other compromise. Hopefully, this'll satisfy the "deep political change" that Macron's calling for and will allow for a longer extension - past June (and the Euro elections).

Otherwise, as things stand, it looks like we'll be out on the 29th, with all the chaos that that will bring. Game shipments won't be a priority, I'm afraid, so if there are huge backlogs at Dover and Calais (as has been predicted, and seems all too possible), the games are likely to be at the back of the queue.

"The pound will be very cheap..."

Always a silver lining! You could probably save 10%-20% of the price if you timed it right. Except... aren't the games priced in $? Which are then converted into £ or €? If so, the £ price should shoot up, compensating for the £ exchange rate plummeting. But the € price should remain about the same.

Edited by Steve3742
Added ending

10 hours ago, Soccercalle said:

March 28. If (a hard IF) there is a hard Brexit on March 29 I think we can look forward to some chaotic weeks before the shipments from UK arriwes in mainland Europe. I think that Brexit will be postponed but it may be an extremely busy period for the logistics industry. A lot of people will try to order things from the UK next week if there seems to be a Brexit on the 29th. The pound will be very cheap and the tariffs will come after.

Gads. What a pain in the ass.