Ernaldori Village of Greenbrass

Sumath

Do you mean the indistinct blob at the junction of the Old Man/Black Spear-Clearwine road and the Quackford road? Or the dot at the edge of the 'hatched' (lowland?) area? If the former, it's illustrated better on the map in The Broken Tower adventure in the Quickstart product.

1292331956_ScreenShot2019-02-20at09_51_39.png.b9360b579208188d02082683c5f730f3.png

Hope that's not TMI for anyone...

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, womble said:

Do you mean the indistinct blob at the junction of the Old Man/Black Spear-Clearwine road and the Quackford road? Or the dot at the edge of the 'hatched' (lowland?) area? If the former, it's illustrated better on the map in The Broken Tower adventure in the Quickstart product.

1292331956_ScreenShot2019-02-20at09_51_39.png.b9360b579208188d02082683c5f730f3.png

Unfortunately not marked on this map either...

5 hours ago, Christoph Kohring said:

not marked on this map either...

Marked - yes, it's the three little huts in the lower left. Labeled - no.  So, if you don't like Greenbrass and want something else there, easy to deal with. And if you want to resurrect Greenbrass from the old RQ3 scenario, you can do so.

13 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Marked - yes, it's the three little huts in the lower left. Labeled - no.  So, if you don't like Greenbrass and want something else there, easy to deal with. And if you want to resurrect Greenbrass from the old RQ3 scenario, you can do so.

I don't think the scenario really did the village justice
However it doesn't have the rich texture of Apple Lane, a setting I don't really like because it's a Gloranthan wild west town (as an Australian I don't have that link to the wild west)

Edited by ChalkLine

• 2 years later...

I liked Greenbrass. One of my players realized that brass doesn't really oxidize green, concluded the fittings of the mill were made of pure(ish) copper, and calculated that the miller has been hiding his wealth in plain sight as the fittings of his mill.

• Like 2

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

18 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I liked Greenbrass. One of my players realized that brass doesn't really oxidize green, concluded the fittings of the mill were made of pure(ish) copper, and calculated that the miller has been hiding his wealth in plain sight as the fittings of his mill.

"Brass" doesn't really denote an alloy of copper-zinc phases as in our Roundworld, it is another name for a range of copper alloys including with tin.

The Mostali brass caste covers all manner of alloys. There is no Bronze Caste.

IMO brass was created when the molten bones of Lodril mixed with those of the earth inside which he was "wrestling" or sloshing about, giving all the volcano and mountain deities like Quivin brass skeletons.

Plenty of dead mountain gods available...

Telling how it is excessive verbis

5 hours ago, Joerg said:

"Brass" doesn't really denote an alloy of copper-zinc phases as in our Roundworld, it is another name for a range of copper alloys including with tin.

You are absolutely correct. However, that RQ3 game took place in their Fantasy Earth setting, so it worked. It was also a good move, since the module refers to an "iron tub" in the village inn, and if it was Glorantha this same group of players would have murdered everyone in the inn so they could steal it...

• Haha 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja