Sign in to follow this  
godsmonkey

Hero Wars

I owned a copy of the original Hero Wars, but never had the chance to play it, and have since lost my copy. I didn't see it in the Chaosium archives. It is available for purchase anywhere, or will I have to watch ebay to find a copy?

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, godsmonkey said:

I owned a copy of the original Hero Wars, but never had the chance to play it, and have since lost my copy. I didn't see it in the Chaosium archives. It is available for purchase anywhere, or will I have to watch ebay to find a copy?

Thanks.

I think you'll have to hunt for it. 

Greg originally wanted to call the game HeroQuest, but at the time the rights were owned by someone else. Later, when he could pick up the rights to HeroQuest, he switched names from HeroWars back to HeroQuest. And now I think somebody else owns the rights to the Hero Wars name. So I think think even if Chaosium wanted to make it available they'd have to change the name.

BTW, is there anything specific about HeroWars that you prefer over the later editions? It will probably be a lot less expensive to buy a version of HeroQuest than to track down a copy of HeroWars off of ebay.

Edited by Atgxtg

Actually, I found it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1929052014/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No real reason to own it, except I DO have some of the supplements that came out, and wanted it to cross reference. I also remember trying to grok the system, and being less than successful, so wanted to see how it compares/contrasts with HQ:G (which I already own)

Edited by godsmonkey

1 hour ago, godsmonkey said:

No real reason to own it, except I DO have some of the supplements that came out, and wanted it to cross reference. I also remember trying to grok the system, and being less than successful, so wanted to see how it compares/contrasts with HQ:G (which I already own)

Hey, you'll need the following, then!?!

Edited by Christoph Kohring