Any Seattle area gamers here?

badcat

No one? I really wish I lived in England or Scandinavia or Austria sometimes...'cause BRP style games seem MUCH more popular and common in those places than here, in WOTC land.

Why don't you move? We'd love to have you ....

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I wish. I am weary of many American cultural attitudes, the love of complex games (or boring ones, there seems to be no middle ground around here) among them. Somewhere in Europe sounds nice, actually. England, Denmark and Italy all sound very pleasant to me these days.

My ancestry is English. Maybe that explains it.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I am.

PM me with location and preferences if you want.

I like swords & sorcery, other fantasy, historical including westerns, pirates, and Romans. Modern and horror not so much (except CoC and possibly HEX), science fiction maybe (depends on how 'space operish' it is) and supers not at all. For systems I like BRP, naturally, Ubuiqity (I think) and other middle of the road systems. Don't care for 4e, otherwise I'd have all kinds of games going around here. For example, Fudge or Risus is too simple, Hero or GURPS too complex. Not terribly impressed with the new BRP in some ways, preferring some of the earlier versions...Stormbringer 1-4 and CoC style mostly.

I have no other folks to make a group with the possible exception of my wife, but a one on one at a local gamestore (Genesis in Redmond) might attract more. I am in Redmond, on Eastside.

Let me know if still interested. I will understand if you are in Seattle proper and don't want to come over. Check out the Meetup groups in the area, there are several albeit mostly for 4e. And if you are in Seattle itself two good local gamestores are Gary's Games in Greenwood and the Dreaming in the University District. Good luck, in any event.

Yes, I am.

PM me with location and preferences if you want.

I like swords & sorcery, other fantasy, historical including westerns, pirates, and Romans. Modern and horror not so much (except CoC and possibly HEX), science fiction maybe (depends on how 'space operish' it is) and supers not at all. For systems I like BRP, naturally, Ubuiqity (I think) and other middle of the road systems. Don't care for 4e, otherwise I'd have all kinds of games going around here. For example, Fudge or Risus is too simple, Hero or GURPS too complex. Not terribly impressed with the new BRP in some ways, preferring some of the earlier versions...Stormbringer 1-4 and CoC style mostly.

I have no other folks to make a group with the possible exception of my wife, but a one on one at a local gamestore (Genesis in Redmond) might attract more. I am in Redmond, on Eastside.

Let me know if still interested. I will understand if you are in Seattle proper and don't want to come over. Check out the Meetup groups in the area, there are several albeit mostly for 4e. And if you are in Seattle itself two good local gamestores are Gary's Games in Greenwood and the Dreaming in the University District. Good luck, in any event.

I'm pretty open minded with respect to gaming genre. I've enjoyed fantasy, sci fi, cyberpunk/fantasy, historical fantasy, horror. I was doing a lot of d20 and 3.5 D&D but got really burned out on the cumbersome rules after a while. I used to have RQ3.0 way back in the day and have always enjoyed CoC and Elric (the various editions) and the other BRP games. Alas, I have never really gotten to play them quite as much as I would have liked because my groups have always been pretty D&D heavy.

My ideal rules set (if one exists) would be a blend of RQ3, Elric, and CoC. I've not really had the chance to really investigate either of the new versions of RQ and BRP though I'll probably invest in them soon enough.

I'm in Capital Hill but I have a car and am not afraid to use it. I'd be into heading out that way to meet sometime if we can scare up a few more folks to make a small group of it. I'll see what I can find on this side of the water in terms of players and maybe we can put something together. I'm not really all that into one on one gaming, though. I've found it's much more fun when you have a small group of people all collaborating on the experience.

You must have a high POW. I just had an urge to visit this site (I don't too often these days), and there is a reply from a local gamer! One minute old!

RQ3, CoC, and Elric!. You must be in love with the new BRP book, then.

Maybe we should meet at Genesis and see what we can scare up with a posting on the gameboard. Also, join some of the Meetups, maybe someone there would like to try an actual live BRP game. I did not have much luck, maybe you could phrase a plea for players just right.

I know what you mean about 3e. I ran it when it first came out. We got up to 5th/6th level at which point I did not feel like I could do it justice any more. 4e emphasized everything I didn't care for in 3e. Totally wrong direction for me. I have not even bought one of the books.

Do you like to run or play more?