Jeff

Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha

12 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

could someone with prior access let me know if Minlister and Redalda are in the book (as subcults, presumably)?

Minlister is in there, as a subcult of Ernalda. In moderate detail. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davecake said:

Minlister is in there, as a subcult of Ernalda. In moderate detail. 

Than answer me this burning question as to the format if you might. Does it resemble CoP of Cults/Lords of Terror or horrors, is it more like GoG of RQ 3 vintage?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

9 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Than answer me this burning question as to the format if you might. Does it resemble CoP of Cults/Lords of Terror or horrors, is it more like GoG of RQ 3 vintage?

Cults of Prax/Cults of Terror.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

And probably many war gods and demi-gods associated with shield-walls or phalanxes.When holding the line is important, Stasis might aid a formation retain integrity.

Polaris at least has Stasis, and as a war god he is pretty much the god of unit integrity. 

Like Lhankor Mhy, though, none of his magic actually uses the Stasis Rune. Even Granite Phalanx does not get Stasis Rune magic so it it appears that, once again, Stasis is a rune that might describe their non-magical behaviour but has no magical expression. In fact, he even has more magic that can use the Mobility rune than Stasis, even though he is a Stasis god! 

Of course, the Stasis Rune be used to help rolls to hold the line and stay firm. But again, we have a Stasis rune cult where the practical consequences of a low Stasis rune are fairly minimal for a PC. 

There aren't really writeups of any cavalry gods in full that I know of (gods like Hwarin Dalthippa, Yelorna, or Yelmalio, even Elmal, dabble in cavalry as one aspect amongst many - and of course Yelorna and Yelmalio are gods of shield wall/phalanx fighting as well), and most of those (not Yelorna, obviously) seem to express their horse connection through being associated with Hyalor Horsebreaker, who grants Command Horse. Obviously Mobility magic is going to be pretty handy, but making your horse willing to do things (like charge a group of armed men) that it naturally is very reluctant to do seems more important. Kargzant is almost just cavalry only Yelmalio minus phalanxes - none seem to have Mobility rune magic. 

• Like 1

Let m

14 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:
18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Cults of Prax/Cults of Terror.

Woohoo!

Let me just say this, as one of the privileged few with access to the GoG preview (thank you Peter Tracy!)

It is good. Very good. The write ups are thorough, and detailed, and packed with Gloranthan detail. Some things are similar, some have changed where needed, some have not changed but have been greatly and usefully expanded. Some are new, and provide detail we have wanted for *decades*. It provides enough detail to play pretty much anywhere in Central Genertela, including Kethaela and most of Peloria. People are going to love it, and the huge amount of work Jeff has put into it is very obvious. 

I have quibbles, of course, because that is in my nature - but even then, my quibbles mostly arise from me being a bigger fan of Jeffs HeroQuest books than he is! People are going to love it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Is there any chance that draft copies of Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha might make to Dragonmeet in November?

On 9/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, Byll said:

Is there any chance that draft copies of Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha might make to Dragonmeet in November?

You never know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1