Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha

Jeff

21 hours ago, Jeff said:

As I see it, the major cults not appearing in this book are:

• Triolina (I really need to think far more about the Triolini before I tackle this cult)
  • Godunya (already appearing in another book)
  • Pamalt (will need to wait until I get to the South)
  • Ompalam (see above)
  • Seseine (see above)
  • Invisible God (gets its own book)
  • Arkat (needs Invisible God)
  • Wachaza (needs to wait - his cult is right now confined largely to the Wachaza)

There are numerous minor cults that will appear elsewhere - Pavis, Zola Fel, etc. They are purely local entities. 

No Mee Vorala too. Or i have missed her ?

Also a question, Heart Mother and Balazar, how can we treat them ? they are local (balazar) gods. 

Heart Mother is the more interesting.. she seems a little bit of many earth goddesses (Ernalda in primis)

Balazar ? i don't think there is a write up anywhere of him 

17 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Ps... What's the definitively correct spelling for the goddess of disease?

Apparently Latin for "apple  woman" rather than "evil woman".

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, galafrone said:

Also a question, Heart Mother and Balazar, how can we treat them ? they are local (balazar) gods. 

Heart Mother is the more interesting.. she seems a little bit of many earth goddesses (Ernalda in primis)

Hearth Mother could be an aspect of Mahome the Hearth Fire.

Is Balazar worshiped outside of the Yelmalio cult or by his descendants?

10 hours ago, galafrone said:

Hearth

Mother is the more interesting..

She's one of the Lowfires.

10 hours ago, galafrone said:

He's a dynasty founder, not a god. He could be worshipped as an ancestor, or perhaps a Hero cult.

• Like 1

I love that this gives us a very comprehensive guide to everything we need to play in Central Genertela.

And I’d really rather the West, South, and East are done thoroughly and with plenty of playtesting and detail rather than pushing to cover everything at once. 

• Like 5

On 7/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, g33k said:

There's a new TrollPack product coming... do we expect to see additional Divine Uz content there?  Reprinting of GaGoG content?  TrollPack to include lots of "see GaGoG" xref's?  Or...?

Trollpack will provide lots of new info and insight. The exact details of how it is presented is still TBD, but there are still many dark secrets untouched even by the amazing Comprehensive long-form write-ups available in the God's Book. One of the big new things is full sub-cult descriptions for each of the Seven Sacred Ancestors. Lots of entirely new Myths and a view of the underworld from the point of view of the locals, rather than folk who can only ever visit as tourists/victims.

Unsurprisingly, the Uz and the Godlearners don't always see everything exactly the same way. Though there is significant overlap, given the significant Arkati influence on the Godlearner worldview (Arkat having actually been a troll - at least for a while). The exact ratio of "reference / reprint / rewrite from uz pov / new or different material entirely" will ultimately depend on deadlines (I'm VERY slow) pagecount targets (there is a LOT of potential material to present) and editorial whim (what jeff jason and I think will be coolest).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, galafrone said:

No Mee Vorala too. Or i have missed her ?

Mee Vorala is really WEIRD. And also pretty much completely unknown/misunderstood by humans.

She'll get some love in Trollpack. Though to be fair, even the Uz mostly have no idea at all what she's really about.  I have schemes to present rules for Voralan Player Characters, but those are weird enough that they may or may not make the cut in the form that I currently envision them. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Looks like there will be a limited number of the two volume set printed up for GenCon. My advise is to get there Thursday morning, or get someone to go Thursday morning for you.

Thanks Jeff.

I posted to FB as well, if someone is going, I'd happily prepay them the $80 plus something for their trouble, for one.

18 hours ago, boztakang said:

Mee Vorala is really WEIRD. And also pretty much completely unknown/misunderstood by humans.

She'll get some love in Trollpack. Though to be fair, even the Uz mostly have no idea at all what she's really about.  I have schemes to present rules for Voralan Player Characters, but those are weird enough that they may or may not make the cut in the form that I currently envision them. 

one of my players love "her".. i am using the old rq3 script.. 

6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Until I see the print estimate for the set I cannot guarantee that $80 price.

I can guarantee it will be in the $80-$100 range though.

I wouldn't quibble, if I could get one.

Edited by styopa

On 7/23/2019 at 2:31 AM, Jeff said:

Looks like there will be a limited number of the two volume set printed up for GenCon. My advise is to get there Thursday morning, or get someone to go Thursday morning for you.

Do we have a rough idea of a release time? Not an exact date but could we reasonably expect a full print the end of this year or is sometime 2020 more likely?

18 hours ago, DerKrieger said:

Do we have a rough idea of a release time? Not an exact date but could we reasonably expect a full print the end of this year or is sometime 2020 more likely?

Please don't ask us when a book will be printed and for sale. We don't have all the art yet, nor has it gone to layout. It is in final editing and proofing.

We would love to give estimates, but people get upset, disappointed, or sometimes even angry at us if we are late on an estimated date.

• Like 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

22 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

Please don't ask us when a book will be printed and for sale. We don't have all the art yet, nor has it gone to layout. It is in final editing and proofing.

We would love to give estimates, but people get upset, disappointed, or sometimes even angry at us if we are late on an estimated date.

You wont give a date even if I sacrifice a point of POW at sacred time?  

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

Just a point here for the cheap seats: when Rick says "we don't have the art done yet"...for anyone who doesn't yet have any RQG books, this is not a trivial/afterthought part of the publishing.  (For those who have the books, this should be obvious.) 

I daresay that for GoG book(s) the art will be in a sense even more critical to portraying a lot of the flavor of most of the gods/pantheons presented; I can't imagine this is going to be quick or easy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, albinoboo said:

You'd have to provide Divine Intervention in the shape of a huge amount of money to pay the artists overtime, and to hire more expensive artists to have multiple redundancy for each cult, and a layout team that you can sue for post-due delivery, and print houses next to the fulfilment centers with the required quality standards and again taking heavy contract fines into their calculation. In other words, you'd have to explode the reasonable cost for everything by a factor of ten or more.

I don't think a single point of POW will get you even in the vicinity of this. A black market organ wholesale might... but then the one thing you shouldn't sacrifice for your ambition is the ability to appreciate fulfilling it.

1 hour ago, albinoboo said:

No, Gloranthans cannot see into the future, the Compromise stops that.

Now, if you were to break the Compromise, things might be different.

• Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here