Jump to content
JohannesH

NPC / Enemy sheet?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone made a simple excel sheet or similar for less important NPC's or enemies for RQG he / she would like to share? Those in the guide book & bestiary are too detailed for single-use cannon fodder. My excel skill is 05%...

There are a couple nice generators online, but those are for Mytthras or RQ3 (the latter is more easy to convert to RQG, but with very limited types of enemies). What I like in generators is the possibility to get some random spells to throw at the PC's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohannesH said:

There are a couple nice generators online, but those are for Mytthras or RQ3 (the latter is more easy to convert to RQG, but with very limited types of enemies). What I like in generators is the possibility to get some random spells to throw at the PC's. 

I'm working on one right now but it will be a few more weeks (at least, depending on family and work) before it's in a state that is usable by anyone but me.  Initially it will have the ability to generate generic enemies and opponents based on the creatures in bestiary.  It will include variant selections for spells, weapons, and other items to give some uniqueness to encounters.

Follow up features will include the creation of more specific human, aldramyi, mostali, uz, etc. groups of NPC opponents and the ability to scale creatures abilities.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, Septimus Kendaro said:

I'm working on one right now but it will be a few more weeks (at least, depending on family and work) before it's in a state that is usable by anyone but me.  Initially it will have the ability to generate generic enemies and opponents based on the creatures in bestiary.  It will include variant selections for spells, weapons, and other items to give some uniqueness to encounters.

Follow up features will include the creation of more specific human, aldramyi, mostali, uz, etc. groups of NPC opponents and the ability to scale creatures abilities.

How's this going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Septimus Kendaro said:

Funny you should ask.  It’s still pretty rough and there will be bugs but it’s coming along.

Check it out here:

https://basicroleplaying.net/adversaries/

Once I get it a bit further along I’ll make a more general announcement.

Oh, wow... that's not at all what I was thinking. That's so much cooler! 

I created some Tusk Raiders. I noticed that they all worshipped Mostal and even when I selected Old school or Classics they didn't have Defense. I don't know if that's just for selecting print out format?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tywyll said:

Lacking exactly what I was looking for, I made it.
 

 

Ooh, nice. I might make a Google Sheets version of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tywyll said:

Oh, wow... that's not at all what I was thinking. That's so much cooler! 

I created some Tusk Raiders. I noticed that they all worshipped Mostal and even when I selected Old school or Classics they didn't have Defense. I don't know if that's just for selecting print out format?

Thanks.  Sorry it wasn’t what you were looking for though.  Tusk Riders are fixed.  Must have copied the Mostali dataset as a template and missed the cult section.  Probably a lot of other bugs still too though not too bad for a few weeks of intermittent work.

 

Edited by Septimus Kendaro
Edit: and posting from my phone still sucks. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Septimus Kendaro said:

Thanks.  Sorry it wasn’t what you were looking for though.  Tusk Riders are fixed.  Most have copied the Mostali dataset as a template and missed the cult section.  Probably a lot of other bugs still too though not too bad for a few weeks of intermittent work.

 

Oh, no please, what you've done is AWESOME! I was just looking for something easy to jot down stuff, especially from modules or what not.

Believe me, I'll be using your generator to fill a lot of NPC sheets with stat... ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...