FLGS Purchases of Slipcase Edition

svensson

4 hours ago, svensson said:

Quick question.

Will there be a purchase code in the shipcase edition for PDFs for those of us who'd like to support our FLGS by purchasing there?

Thanks.

Rick has previously stated that Chaosium has no way to issue Discount Coupons which will apply to FLGS purchases.

If you already bought the PDF straight from Chaosium, your Coupon needs to be spent with Chaosium.

Supporting your FLGS begins in your FLGS when you make the retail purchase.  But if the FLGS is part.of Bits&Mortar, you can send Chaosium a proof-of-purchase to get the PDF.

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

I missed the announcement. I'll check the FLGS and see if they're in Bits and Mortar.

For some reason I had it in my head that there would be a code included in the shrink wrap. However that might have been another company.

Thanks for the answer.

Edited by svensson

On 3/12/2019 at 8:19 AM, g33k said:

But if the FLGS is part.of Bits&Mortar, you can send Chaosium a proof-of-purchase to get the PDF.

Actually if they are part of Bits & Mortar the FLGS will send you the PDF.  My experience is that if the FLGS isn't part of B&M and you try to send proof-of-purchase to Chaosium, they wont send you the pdf.  Chaosuim will tell you to get your FLGS to sign up to B&M, but wont send you the pdf.  My not so friendly LGS ignored my pleas to sign up to B&M so I never got the PDF of CoC 7e from either Chaosium or the LGS. 

7 hours ago, Lebut said:

...  My experience is that if the FLGS isn't part of B&M and you try to send proof-of-purchase to Chaosium, they wont send you the pdf.  Chaosuim will tell you to get your FLGS to sign up to B&M, but wont send you the pdf ...  

That would be what I'd expect.

Find a friendlier LGS, or order directly through Chaosium, to get the benefits.

I am, frankly, a bit shocked that there are LGS's not part of B&M not willing to sign up.  It's one of the few ways the LGS can price-compete with Amazon &c.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Fortunately I'm lucky enough to have a second option if my local store doesn't want to be part of B&M. It's farther away, and through some traffic [but then, it's I-5... EVERYTHING is through traffic], but at least it's an option.

In any event, I'll cold damned if I'll buy through Amazon. I like shopping a game store and there's just not that many of them left.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, g33k said:

That would be what I'd expect.

Find a friendlier LGS, or order directly through Chaosium, to get the benefits.

I am, frankly, a bit shocked that there are LGS's not part of B&M not willing to sign up.  It's one of the few ways the LGS can price-compete with Amazon &c.

I used to be shocked, now I'm becoming resigned. The store near me in Hamilton is reluctant to sign up, because it would take too long. The only store in our area who is part of the program doesn't seem to be listing new or upcoming Chaosium releases on their site. Shipping to Canada is higher than I would like, but it may be the only way to get PDFs along with hard copies at this point...

1 minute ago, theodric said:

I used to be shocked, now I'm becoming resigned. The store near me in Hamilton is reluctant to sign up, because it would take too long. The only store in our area who is part of the program doesn't seem to be listing new or upcoming Chaosium releases on their site. Shipping to Canada is higher than I would like, but it may be the only way to get PDFs along with hard copies at this point...

Maybe find a Canadian store that DOES stock RQ, so you don't have to pay that international postage?

Give the nearby B&M store a call; they may not list the RQ slipcase set because Chaosium themselves doesn't yet list it!  Even if they don't list it, they may be willing&able to order it!

And don't hesitate to call the store in Hamilton (& ask for a manager) to say, "I am gonna buy this $150* product elsewhere because y'all can't be bothered to do this normal business thing that other stores do.  I'll try you folks next time... Maybe the time after that... But eventually, I'll stop bothering you with my money."

* (I estimate 150CDN from 120US)

C'es ne pas un .sig