Sir Mad Munkee

Winter Phase Summary PDF (in progress)

9 hours ago, Sir Mad Munkee said:

Apart from the income escalation, I’d be strongly inclined to not handout heiresses (tables be damned), more for the story implications than anything else. I like the idea of Roderick or Arthur giving a player a 2nd manor for some truly spectacular awesomeness, or a PK chasing a wealthy heiress for 5 years with some intense RP before snagging her. Just “oh, good roll, your income just quadrupled” is a bit weak.

The only time a roll should net you that much land is when Gorlois' head is following it across the table.

And that happens once. Under very specific circumstances.

--Khanwulf

9 hours ago, Sir Mad Munkee said:

Apart from the income escalation, I’d be strongly inclined to not handout heiresses (tables be damned), more for the story implications than anything else. I like the idea of Roderick or Arthur giving a player a 2nd manor for some truly spectacular awesomeness, or a PK chasing a wealthy heiress for 5 years with some intense RP before snagging her. Just “oh, good roll, your income just quadrupled” is a bit weak.

Yeah, and it soert of cheapens the victory for those who go out and do the legwork. 

Of course with the new economics model another manor is only £1 in spending cash, not £6 so the big income boost isn't what it used to be either.