Pavis GTA for a RuneQuest GM?

Bill the barbarian

11 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Hey, you guys aren't talking about the Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes and Sartar Companion books are you?

Yes, those are the ones. Really easy to use for RQ.

11 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

The leaving the world Hero Quests though, I don't think can be translated. Maybe when the Game Master's book becomes available with it's HQ rules... The PDFs are doing me quite well at the moment which is good as it seems that SilverSeraph is correct. Chaosium doesn't seem to advertising the books—that I can see, anyway. 

I have run very many HeroQuests over the years, using RQ. They translate just as easily to RQ as to HQ. In fact, one of my bugbears about HeroQuest is that it didn't really have much in the way of HeroQuesting, RuneQuest had more for most of the time.

You can run a HeroQuest as a normal scenario, with a layer on top. Hand-wave magic stuff, hand-wave rewards and introduce something unusual in the HeroQuest. 

In fact, I think I ran some of the HeroQuests in my last RQ campaign, not exactly as written, of course, as I adapted them to how I ruin HeroQuests and to suit our campaign.

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

6 hours ago, soltakss said:

Yes, those are the ones. Really easy to use for RQ.

I have run very many HeroQuests over the years, using RQ. They translate just as easily to RQ as to HQ. In fact, one of my bugbears about HeroQuest is that it didn't really have much in the way of HeroQuesting, RuneQuest had more for most of the time.

You can run a HeroQuest as a normal scenario, with a layer on top. Hand-wave magic stuff, hand-wave rewards and introduce something unusual in the HeroQuest. 

In fact, I think I ran some of the HeroQuests in my last RQ campaign, not exactly as written, of course, as I adapted them to how I ruin HeroQuests and to suit our campaign. 

That is good, Soltakss, what you are describing is how I thought to put some ideas into play and its nice to see confirmation that it can be done and easier than I thought .

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I thought every Praxian brave was living the grand theft life everyday. It's adventurer 1.1

Kill, take stuff, repeat.

The book is well worth it for the scenarios as mentioned, as are the sensible price lists.

Like Soltakss i have been running heroquests with RQ for a while. His advice is always good! My advice is make it all up, its your world and nothing is wrong and freeform it when needed...

Edited by Iskallor