Squiring and family queries (Salisbury start)

1 hour ago, Hzark10 said:

So, maybe one of these daughters could take up her father's plight and become a knight.

Not in 427. They could become warriors, but I'm not allowing female knights until a more enlightened age. Either in the time of Aurelius or (more likely) Arthur. 

But one of my players wants to have a Druid for a son (there aren't any) and a daughter for a witch, so when the Book of the Magician comes out I should have at least one female player character around.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

7 hours ago, Morien said:

I'll let David answer the first one, but if you are getting ready to start your campaign now, it is probably not worth waiting.

Yes, quite right—there are a couple, much bigger fish to fry before we can get to the BoSalisbury.

3 hours ago, sirlarkins said:

Yes, quite right—there are a couple, much bigger fish to fry before we can get to the BoSalisbury.

I don't suppose you could post a thread of "Coming Attractions" for us curious. Castles, Magicians and what else?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, Sir Mad Munkee said:

Not exactly an answer, but when I heard @sirlarkins run of Paladin on his podcast, I immediately thought it'd be pretty interesting to run a group of PKs that are all related, brothers and cousins. You'd have to ensure there are plenty of unplayed brothers and cousins for backup characters, and the whole Estate management thing might need some rethinking, but kinda fun to have them all working on the same family legacy, and their Love (Family) Passions would all apply to each other. Kind of like playing the Orkney mob. :)

On 3/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, Uqbarian said:

Yeah, playing a proper clan of knights could be fun!

I actually had much the same idea for that kind of campaign a while back; I got overzealous with the backstory for a PK whose coat of arms I very loosely based on the name and arms of my maternal great-grandmother's family and ended up making this whole extended family tree full of colorful characters that went way beyond anything that would be likely to ever come up in the career of the "Knight of Starlings" (whose great-grandfather claimed to have learned a magic secret from the same starling that Branwen, daughter of Bran the Blessed, once taught to speak, and that this allowed him to understand the songs and cries of birds; this was to justify the "Good With Birds" trait).

On 4/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, Leingod said:

I actually had much the same idea for that kind of campaign a while back; I got overzealous with the backstory for a PK whose coat of arms I very loosely based on the name and arms of my maternal great-grandmother's family and ended up making this whole extended family tree full of colorful characters that went way beyond anything that would be likely to ever come up in the career of the "Knight of Starlings" (whose great-grandfather claimed to have learned a magic secret from the same starling that Branwen, daughter of Bran the Blessed, once taught to speak, and that this allowed him to understand the songs and cries of birds; this was to justify the "Good With Birds" trait).

Cool! That's a neat way to explain a family trait. :)