RQ 6 and Mythras

Bill the barbarian

The different versions of the core book are the different printings with the errata up until that time. The third printing interactive is the pdf with all the hyperlinks, and probably the one you want. Sadly, it does not respond to speech. Tomb of the md wizard also got some updates, which included the maps. The maps one is the one you want. 

The modules you ask about are classic fantasy modules, and all of them, and classic fantasy, are a homage to early d&d. Essentially, it’s d&d but on all. Mythras chassis. 

As you surmised, the other ones are core Mythras, though Gift is a different genre. 

I occasionally have issues with their Dropbox integration. Sometimes the server is just busy. 

I didnt get either bundle, largely because I already have it, but can discuss at length 

9 hours ago, Raleel said:

I didnt get either bundle, largely because I already have it, but can discuss at length 

Thanks Raleel, I knew you had my back. Still, my dive down this rabbit hole will be slow, since I am currently delving in stranger holes on the green lozenge, for the most part these days.

Cheers

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

17 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

... Any comments on the Classic modules: Terror of Ettinmarsh, These violent Delights, and Tomb of the Mad Wizard? They look on a quick glance to be an homage to early AD&D...

The "Classic Fantasy" line IS an homage to old-school AD&D, mostly 1e/2e I think (with tidbits of 3e and pre-Advanced editions), all running within the Mythras engine.

It's a rather clever revisiting of the class/level tropes & memes in the non-classed BRP family of games.  If your bundle (and your bookshelf) don't have the CF supplement (which is really the basis for the modules) I encourage you to add it!

http://thedesignmechanism.com/Classic-Fantasy.php

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, g33k said:

It's a rather clever revisiting of the class/level tropes & memes in the non-classed BRP family of games.  If your bundle (and your bookshelf) don't have the CF supplement (which is really the basis for the modules) I encourage you to add it!

Both fantasy supplements were included. Now does that mean you encourage me to get these supplements cause the modules are worthless without or you encourage me to get them cause the whole schlimazel is incredible?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

27 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Both fantasy supplements were included. Now does that mean you encourage me to get these supplements cause the modules are worthless without or you encourage me to get them cause the whole schlimazel is incredible?

The supplement titled "Classic Fantasy" uses the Mythras ruleset.  Those adventures use the CF supplement to Mythras.

(There was, BTW, a prior iteration of CF for BRP, but as the author was at work v.2'ing it, he decided to move to the Mythras engine)

If you like that "classic" vibe from AD&D...

... and you ALSO like the d100 engine invented for RQ back in the 70s (from which all these others descend) ...

Well then, then this whole schmear may just be your "like^2" game.

C'es ne pas un .sig