Sign in to follow this  
MOB

RuneQuest Update - recently discovered early writings of Greg Stafford prompt revision for famous Praxian tribe

#RuneQuest update: Recently discovered writings by the late Greg Stafford have revealed the famous "Sable Tribe" of Prax does not ride a type of antelope as long supposed. Instead, as Stafford's first counter designs for his 1975 game WHITE BEAR RED MOON clearly depict, it seems they really get around on giant minks or weasels. Updates will be made to all relevant PDFs.

1725020609_ScreenShot2019-04-01at12_23_13am.png.3cb65ffe1926b479522f98801d6eb52e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

About time. I hope that the lost article about the shrewbush, their main food plant, will be found as well.

3 hours ago, MOB said:

Instead, as Stafford's first counter designs for his 1975 game WHITE BEAR RED MOON clearly depict, it seems they really get around on giant minks or weasels. Updates will be made to all relevant PDFs.

Before anybody gets too worked up about this, I suggest they look at a calendar.

30 minutes ago, Steve3742 said:

Before anybody gets too worked up about this, I suggest they look at a calendar.

Kalendis Aprilibus (Calendes of april), 2772 ab urba condite. I don't see anything exceptional.

Edited by Kloster
Typing mistake

Also the tribal elders of the Baboon tribe featured much more heavily in early Glorantha (Glorontha?) board games, as the earlier name WHITE BEARD, RED MOON shows...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Steve3742 said:

Are we in Disorder Week, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Steve3742 said:

What if I *want* it to be true?

/sob

/disappointed

1 minute ago, styopa said:

What if I *want* it to be true?

/sob

/disappointed

Don't worry, @styopa.

We'll always have carnivorous Morokanth.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MOB said:

#RuneQuest update: Recently discovered writings by the late Greg Stafford have revealed the famous "Sable Tribe" of Prax does not ride a type of antelope as long supposed. Instead, as Stafford's first counter designs for his 1975 game WHITE BEAR RED MOON clearly depict, it seems they really get around on giant minks or weasels. Updates will be made to all relevant PDFs.

... annnnnd, Chaosium makes the Mongoose canonical again.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MOB said:

it seems they really get around on giant minks or weasels

Obviously the Lunars brought the antelopes, aka Lunar Deer, and then introduced a plague to wipe out the original Sables.

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

and in other news, Mello Yello acclaimed new Count of Sun County!

B - the rumour is generally true, but also has a substantial false component

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

and in other news, Mello Yello acclaimed new Count of Sun County!

Nah, he became King of Dragon Pass and Golden Dragon Emperor of Dara Happa. At least, he did in my campaign.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MOB said:

Caveat: this was posted on the same day as our "The Sable Tribe actually rides giant weasels" post, but it's still pretty cool #gloranthafuel...

https://hyperallergic.com/492730/archaeologists-discover-worlds-oldest-break-up-letter-at-neo-babylonian-site

Love this bit: "You have until the end of the month to pick up your flax shawls and sandals or else I will donate them to the temple of the moon god." 

• Like 1

Hah, in the Finnish translation of the Glorantha set, the Sable tribe was translated to that kind of sables.

• Haha 2