Puckohue

Arfritha Vale

I've found some general info on Arfritha Vale, but not so much on specifics like Red Bird Fort or Famous Bell. Does anyone remember if there is anything published somewhere, maybe in some fanzine?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Puckohue said:

I've found some general info on Arfritha Vale, but not so much on specifics like Red Bird Fort or Famous Bell. Does anyone remember if there is anything published somewhere, maybe in some fanzine?

Both places have entries in Dragon Pass - Land of Thunder in the category Resettlement Sagas, naming the founders or co-founders of these settlements and their memorable activities.

Edited by Joerg
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Puckohue said:

but not so much on specifics like Red Bird Fort or Famous Bell. Does anyone remember if there is anything published somewhere, maybe in some fanzine?

Aside from the entries Joerg noted, no nothing published. 

Redbird is the clan center for the Lysang clan (who are situated on the west bank of the Arfritha).  Famous Bell is the same for the Namolding clan (who are along the east bank including the Brambleberry Hills and Dog Rat Vale).  In my game, I had a Lunar camp stationed during the fair weather seasons outside Redbird controlling the ford across the Arfritha, but nothing canonical with that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jajagappa said:

a Lunar camp stationed ... outside Redbird

Well they're gone with the (dragon)wind. :) Those who didn't desert or flee are probably besieged in Jonstown. My campaign is currently in late Earth Season 1625.

Although I love to be able to use all the Glorantha material, it actually feels good to have a few places to develop myself.

1 hour ago, Puckohue said:

Well they're gone with the (dragon)wind. :) Those who didn't desert or flee are probably besieged in Jonstown. My campaign is currently in late Earth Season 1625.

Although I love to be able to use all the Glorantha material, it actually feels good to have a few places to develop myself.

Never hesitate to develop existing places. The city maps in Sartar-Kingdom of Heroes and the Sartar Companion are more in the nature of guidelines than well-defined terrain. I'll take the view of the Swenstown eastern gate from the street scene on p.162 of the rules over anything I could construct from the aerial view in those older publications. It is pretty normal to supersede an existing description of a person or place with some creation of your own if that ties in your characters better, and on that level of magnification canon is a very thin substance.

A while back when the new Clearwine was revealed there was a discussion of having villages with folk from more than one clan permanently inhabiting them. That's a concept we had seen only for cities so far, and absent from existing description.

I wonder whether some stray Lunar survivors/deserters might form, join or take over outlaw bands in the outback. This would be an interesting encounter...

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

Lunar survivors/deserters might form, join or take over outlaw bands in the outback.

They might base themselves in some caves, perhaps, within raiding distance of a certain village...

14 hours ago, Puckohue said:

Definitely!

Be interesting to hear what you develop.

I just found this topic wandering on long gone threads! As it happened I wrote a quite long description of the Arfritha Vale, but unfortunately it is in French. If anyone is blessed by Issaries and speaks this barbarian language I  will be happy to share! I could also translate but it would take quite a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minlister said:

I just found this topic wandering on long gone threads! As it happened I wrote a quite long description of the Arfritha Vale, but unfortunately it is in French. If anyone is blessed by Issaries and speaks this barbarian language I  will be happy to share! I could also translate but it would take quite a while.

Je parle plus Quebecois, mais je veux essayez ton ouvre, mon vieux, merci. 

I would like to give that a try. Where did you say you say it was stashed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think québécois should be perfect, I am not exactly a poet!!

You can have it here, it is still partly WIP but there is already a lot of things. It is based on the description of the Lysang clan and is the background for my campaign. I also have a better description of the Lunar slave farm (alluded to p. 56 of this document) in the introductory scenario if you are  interested.  

I use a dropbox link to be able to give updates of the current version.

Bonne lecture!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yi9e9hv2mw7s8w/Lysang BtB.pdf?dl=0Lysang BtB.pdf

• Thanks 2