RUNEQUEST is available for purchase NOW!

MOB

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

This is fantastic! Do you mind if we share this outside of BRP Central?

Any media you like. :)

Thanks for the correction @PhilHibbs. I guess I don't understand how the copyright/trademark works on that. How did it end up getting to Chaosium if MB had the name? Not trying to hijack, so I'll post a question in the Heroquest forum.

Edited by klecser

1 hour ago, klecser said:

Thanks for the correction @PhilHibbs. I guess I don't understand how the copyright/trademark works on that. How did it end up getting to Chaosium if MB had the name? Not trying to hijack, so I'll post a question in the Heroquest forum.

Chaosium had intended to release a roleplaying game called HeroQuest, an advanced version of RuneQuest, but MB beat them to it on the name. The board game trademark later expired, and Moon Design Publications registered it and used it for the new edition of their Gloranthan roleplaying game, formerly known as Hero Wars.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, klecser said:

So also:

https://www.chaosium.com/fan-use-and-licensing-q-a

Q: I want to see the Milton Bradley HeroQuest board game back in print - what is happening with that?

A: We know there are a LOT of fans of the Milton Bradley HeroQuest board game that is now owned by Hasbro. We have absolutely nothing against that boardgame. We would be pleased to see it back in print, and under the right circumstances we would be very happy to license our HeroQuest trademark to the company that produces it.

If you are keen to be that company, please be aware that there is one issue beyond our control: while we (Moon Design Publications) own the Trademark for the name "HeroQuest", Hasbro owns the copyright for the game "HeroQuest".

We do not own the copyright to the original boardgame, its rulebook, its miniatures, the board, etc: Hasbro does, and (as far as we know) Hasbro has shown no interest in reprinting it, or allowing another company to do so.

We are not going to do anything in terms of licensing our Trademark for the name "HeroQuest" unless Hasbro gives their permission to use their HeroQuest related copyrighted material. Thus far, Hasbro has NOT given anyone permission to reprint their game. By permission, we mean in writing, via a contract. Licensing intellectual property isn't done via a phone call or some quick chat. It is done via legally binding contracts if it is to be done professionally and according to the law. As soon as any game company has a license from Hasbro to use their HeroQuest game related intellectual property we will be very happy to enter discussions with that company about licensing our Trademark for the name "HeroQuest".

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, MOB said:

CHA4038-X-COVER__86713.1553350150_500_659.jpeg.50ab11c74344154dd3875dc380ef1b4b.jpeg 

RUNEQUEST is available for purchase NOW!

Cool! Quick question, is the printed book based on the currently available PDF? An earlier version? A more recent version?

Edit. I am asking specifically about the core book but would also be curious about the bestiary and gm screen.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Cool! Quick question, is the printed book based on the currently available PDF? An earlier version? A more recent version?

Edit. I am asking specifically about the core book but would also be curious about the bestiary and gm screen.

I just checked and there is at least one correction that is in the printed GM pack that is not yet in the PDF.

(That's the one that gave a -20 on a successful augment.)

That raises another question - will we see a new PDF soon, and a re-opening of the errata threads?

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

I just checked and there is at least one correction that is in the printed GM pack that is not yet in the PDF.

(That's the one that gave a -20 on a successful augment.)

That raises another question - will we see a new PDF soon, and a re-opening of the errata threads?

Thanks Phil, I also just realised there was a Second Printing corrections for the Core book in the download section which seems (only made a few spot check) to correspond to the pdf currently available. So I guess my question is, if I order the book now, is it absolutely ertain I will get the second printing?

6 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Thanks Phil, I also just realised there was a Second Printing corrections for the Core book in the download section which seems (only made a few spot check) to correspond to the pdf currently available. So I guess my question is, if I order the book now, is it absolutely ertain I will get the second printing?

Yes, if you order from Chaosium, they sold out of the first printing. It's possible, although very unlikely, that other retailers might have old stock.

Edited by PhilHibbs

31 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

According to Adobe Acrobat: Atlantis Grunge / Charcuterie Block / A Garamond Pro 
Calluna and Cronos Pro are also used.

thank you it was just out of interest not for any big deal :)

On 4/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, Soccercalle said:

I ordered immediately om Wednesday but it has not yet been shipped from UK. Is there any problem?

I ordered from the US and same thing, not seeing any progress on my shipping. Only that a label has been created and they are awaiting the package.

I cannot speak for the other distribution centers, but I know that -- at least in the U.S. -- there has (in prior "big" product pushes) been a considerable time from when the orders begin rushing in, until the distribution center is able to physically fulfill the order.  The warehouse folk have to pull cases, open, pull books, fill the slipcases, wrap them, pack that, etc; and Chaosium isn't the only customer they have.

IIRC from the RQClassic KS, that physical in-warehouse fulfillment took over a week.

Edited by g33k
gots to TYPE all the words, not just THINK them...
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

I cannot speak for the other distribution centers, but I know that -- at least in the U.S. -- there has (in prior "big" product pushes) been a considerable time from when the orders begin rushing in, until the distribution center is able to physically fulfill the order.  The warehouse folk have to pull cases, open, pull books, fill the slipcases, wrap them, pack that, etc; and Chaosium isn't the only customer they have.

I think they also do them in order of consumer purchase. I don't know that for sure, of course. I basically have started to schedule time to purchase within an hour of release to be part of the "first wave" of shipments. The sooner after orders open that I purchase the quicker I've received product. I know that it isn't always possible for people to do that. If you can purchase lickety split after it opens it may increase the chances you are in the first "wave" of shipping. That obviously doesn't help anyone right now. But for future releases...

Edited by klecser

5 hours ago, klecser said:

I think they also do them in order of consumer purchase. I don't know that for sure, of course. I basically have started to schedule time to purchase within an hour of release to be part of the "first wave" of shipments. The sooner after orders open that I purchase the quicker I've received product. I know that it isn't always possible for people to do that. If you can purchase lickety split after it opens it may increase the chances you are in the first "wave" of shipping. That obviously doesn't help anyone right now. But for future releases...

Chaosium contracts with distribution / fulfillment centers around the world.  Last I saw, the USAian one was BangPrint.

I (strongly) suspect that Chaosium does not try to micromanage order-of-shipment with the fulfillment center -- fulfillment is what Bang/etc do.  I suspect that the reason Bang (and others) can offer good rates is, in part, that THEY work with FedEx/USPS/etc to maximize THOSE efficiencies.

It's most likely NOT like a concert/theater first-come-first-serve-until-sold-out model, although I expect Chaosium sends a bulk order to Bang at least daily, and may even have autimation that passes the orders through as they come in... but I STILL would expect the fulfillment houses to re-order shipments for efficiencies.

I am only guestimating here, and could be off-base.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 4/7/2019 at 11:03 PM, MOB said:

A: We know there are a LOT of fans of the Milton Bradley HeroQuest board game that is now owned by Hasbro. We have absolutely nothing against that boardgame. We would be pleased to see it back in print, and under the right circumstances we would be very happy to license our HeroQuest trademark to the company that produces it.

Since Chaosium seems to be hoovering up games at the moment, perhaps you could just buy Hasbro?

• Haha 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 4/4/2019 at 2:01 AM, MOB said:

NOTE: If you were a previous purchaser of the RQG core rules, or bought PDFs, you should have received your coupons by email. If not, contact customerservice@chaosium.com and Dustin will assist

Quick question. Does the coupon apply to PDF purchases through DriveThru or only for those from Chaosium?

Cheers

1 hour ago, theodric said:

Any updates yet on when the new books will be available via retail? 

Now.

If the retailer carries it.

Which often means, if their distributor(s) offer it.

But check that your "FLGS" retailer participates in the"bits&mortar" program, or else you will have to buy the PDF separately / extra (Online discount houses don't count here, are not bits&mortar eligible... ) .

C'es ne pas un .sig