Allied Spirits in Spirit Combat

Tywyll

Say a party gets attacked by some ghosts. Can their allied weapon spirits or animal familiars help if they are not attacked themselves?

Edit: Any allied spirit, item or animal?

What about familiars I.e. For sorcerers?

Edited by Tywyll

4 minutes ago, soltakss said:

We played that an Allied Spirit not in a familiar could intervene in Spirit Combat. However, that was always a House Rule.

Did you limit it to helping only vs things attacking it's owner or could it launch its own attacks?

2 hours ago, Tywyll said:

Did you limit it to helping only vs things attacking it's owner or could it launch its own attacks?

Only defending the Rune Priest/Rune Lord. If an Allied Spirit needed to attack in Spirit Combat, it would have to use Discorporation, which we did sometimes.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

9 hours ago, soltakss said:

Only defending the Rune Priest/Rune Lord. If an Allied Spirit needed to attack in Spirit Combat, it would have to use Discorporation, which we did sometimes.

May be is a silly question but what happens if your allied spirit loose all the mp?

19 minutes ago, Humakt said:

May be is a silly question but what happens if your allied spirit loose all the mp?

Unconsciousness for adventurers and I would assume the equivalent for spirits. Adventuress recover mp at 1/24 of their total possible MPs an hour and require 1 MP to awaken and I would assume so do spirits.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Spirts that lose all their MP's can be controlled if the victor has the ability, or else they are cast into the Spirit World. Depending on the cause this could also destroy the Spirit, either way it may require significant effort for the PC to regain their Allied Spirit.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, Humakt said:

Same thing as happens when a normal Spirit loses its Magic Points, nothing. You cannot possess a Spirit, you cannot bind an Allied Spirit, so nothing happens.

I'd just allow the attacking spirit to move on to the Rune Lord/Rune Priest.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here