So what's the news with Pendragon?

On 6/10/2019 at 7:37 PM, Atgxtg said:

BTW, the rules presented on the site [ http://genpei.pbworks.com/w/page/13885659/FrontPage  ] look very KAP3-4 ish.

Because they are! 😄  Almost straight adaptation from the excellent Book of Knights (Green Knight, 2000).  And I love the Genpei era -- almost always overlooked in favor of the Sengoku.  Around 2004 I was in talks with Greg and Arthaus about developing it fully, and around 2010 Greg was in talks with a Japanese author about something similar.  I wasn't aware there was a current project in development, but @sirlarkins, if you want a bundle of 15-year-old development notes, ah'm your huckleberry.

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
live handle
  • Like 3

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

2 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

Because they are! 😄  Almost straight adaptation from the excellent Book of Knights (Green Knight, 2000).  And I love the Genpei era -- almost always overlooked in favor of the Sengoku.  Around 2004 I was in talks with Greg and Arthaus about developing it fully, and around 2010 Greg was in talks with a Japanese author about something similar.  I wasn't aware there was a current project in development, but @sirlarkins, if you want a bundle of 15-year-old development notes, ah'm your huckleberry.

!i!

LOL! Now I don't feel so alone about my Roman Legionary stats and notes for 470-495 Phase.

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to The Book of Salisbury I've stayed in this part of the UK many times and explored such sites as old Sarum as well as many others I know the city well. So I will be very interested to see what they come up with.

Y Gododdin, "He glutted black ravens on the walls of the fort, but he was no Arthur."

On 6/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, Ian Absentia said:

!i!

Totally agree with you Ian the Gempei Period of Japan is by far the most interesting stage in Japan and the best suited for Roll Play with these rules IMHO 

• Like 1

Y Gododdin, "He glutted black ravens on the walls of the fort, but he was no Arthur."

On 6/28/2019 at 7:28 PM, Atgxtg said:

LOL! Now I don't feel so alone about my Roman Legionary stats and notes for 470-495 Phase.

I would love to see a KAP 5.2 Roman Empire book with the added option to start your Pendragon campaign before/during the Roman occupation of Britain 😀.

Or just Playing during the Roman Empire would be great to.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, SilverSeraph said:

Hopefully there will be KAP news at Gen Con.

Book of Castles, Book of Magic, Myrmidon, and Samurai are all that are announced.  Would love to hear more about any of them.

I had heard of a Book of Salisbury, too. Hope something come out, I'm starting to suffer withdrawal. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 3 weeks later...

Proposed schedule is:

new scenario around October, Book of Magic next spring.

Of course, things are still in a bit of flux, so bear with the powers that be, They are doing the best they can to bring you more stuff.

Edited by Hzark10
wrong forum
  • Like 1

Book of Magic is likely going to be the next major release, as we're putting finishing touches on the manuscript right now. After that will follow Book of Castles. There are no concrete plans for any new rulebook releases at this time.

We have a few new convention/demo scenarios in the pipeline that should be coming out in the near future as well, including an unpublished scenario written by Greg.

• Like 3