Where to start in Glorantha

Beorne

1 hour ago, Kloster said:

Nice and Interesting. Is it for Heroquest or Runequest? What year is the setting?

It was for a homebrew RQ/HQ crossbreed, same one as my Gods of Sartar document. 

Covered 1619ish to the Dragonrise (2nd to last session) and the election of Kallyr as Prince of Sartar (last session). One of the players, Keener, came in third in the vote, so the PCs got to throw the vote to Kallyr by backing her in the end. It included the Cradle, the death of Orlanth, the Battle of Auroch Hills, and the Shiprise, with lots of cattle raids, heroquests,  and Trickster nonsense along the way. Among the highlights, the characters fought Harrek and lived, became Kallyr's fixers, and participated in the Celestine Games in Glamour (as the official representatives of Team Dragon Pass Province).

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:28 AM, g33k said:

I recall seeing an Ice Queen / Snow Queen movie -- clearly derived from the Andersen tale, though de-Christianized and otherwise altered -- that I found very-Gloranthan (I failed to note the details, and have been unable to find the same version since).

I assume you don't just mean Frozen?

EDIT: I'm not sure what the esteemed gentlemen think - but The Wizard of Oz strike me as very, very Heroquest-y.