Leaving the Young Kingdoms

Thot

It is done.

The five adventurers, three from Argimiliar, one from ruined Melniboné and one from Myyrrhn, who were brought together by a common vision of the end of the world and escape from that on the 12th of September of the year before the last year of the world of the Young Kingdoms, have finally left this dying plane of existence on the morning of the 11th of June of the last year, though a Chaos Gate conjured by Daganus, the Melnibonéan sorcerer in their midst.

They had seen a lot - they escaped several prisons, visited the Sorcerer's Isle and found Cran Liret's library, talked to a seer of Nihrain, tricked Darnizhaan in the land of Myyrrhn, visited Yeshpottom-Kalai, visited deserted Nadsokor, fought against many Pan Tangians, even at the battle of Sequaloris, where the Northwestern Continent fell to Chaos. Often they barely escaped with their lives.

In the end, they refused to go into another battle against Jagreen Lern, and fled thorugh their Chaos Gate, while the clan‘s ships were leaving Ryfel for the final sea battle. The clanlord's disappointment in these five was great. They Myyrrhn took Lassa, her goddess, with her after a lengthy summoning.

Next session, they are going to see my own game world, made for Mythras, with an hommage to Moorcock here and there, but also a lot of my own weirdness…. but we have a few weeks of vacation in between.

Edited by Thot
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The theme of the world is that it's a place from which nothing can escape, except gods IF GIVEN LOTS OF TIME, WORSHIP AND RESOURCES. After a few centuries, a god that's really determined can  get out, but that's the only way. All others are trapped. Therefore, any reincarnation of the Eternal Champion on my world would end the cycle of reincarnation across the multiverse.

1 hour ago, Thot said:

The theme of the world is that it's a place from which nothing can escape, except gods IF GIVEN LOTS OF TIME, WORSHIP AND RESOURCES. After a few centuries, a god that's really determined can  get out, but that's the only way. All others are trapped. Therefore, any reincarnation of the Eternal Champion on my world would end the cycle of reincarnation across the multiverse.

, I doubt that would be the case. The EC is essentially a manifestation of the collective will all of humanity and the chief agent of the Cosmic Balance, so when push comes to shove he probably has enough Ooomph to get out. That's why the gods don't just destroy him. They can't. They might be able to do away with an aspect of him, but there are probably repercussions to doing so.

Now unless your players are aspects of the EC though, it would seem that they are basically stuck - unless you decide to somehow unstick them. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

11 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

[...]

Now unless your players are aspects of the EC though, it would seem that they are basically stuck - unless you decide to somehow unstick them. 

It's sort of by design that they can't... I wanted to make sure that it doesn't turn into a world-hopping campaign (as they now had the Chaos Gate spell), and additionally, the sharp contrast from "the world is ending, we cannot do anyhing about it, but we can escape" to "this world is cruel and unfair, we cannot leave, but maybe we can make it better"" is an intended, well, meta-moral of the story.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thot said:

It's sort of by design that they can't... I wanted to make sure that it doesn't turn into a world-hopping campaign (as they now had the Chaos Gate spell), and additionally, the sharp contrast from "the world is ending, we cannot do anyhing about it, but we can escape" to "this world is cruel and unfair, we cannot leave, but maybe we can make it better"" is an intended, well, meta-moral of the story.

That's what I figured. In Stormbringer, once the PKs can world hop the only way to keep them in one plane is to place some sort of restriction, otherwise, they can always bug out if they don't like how things are going (btw, it's the same reason why the ability to operate the transporter remotely with the communicator was removed in the original Star Trek). Of course as the GM you are always free to add an out should you later desire to let them leave the plane.  

3 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

[...]Of course as the GM you are always free to add an out should you later desire to let them leave the plane.  

Theoretically, but this new world is large enough for a lifetime... If I ever grow tired of it, I'll rather start a new campaign.

Edited by Thot

2 hours ago, Thot said:

Theoretically, but this new world is large enough for a lifetime... If I ever grow tired of it, I'll rather start a new campaign.

LOL!. Yeah that works too. I've run Stormbinger campaigns where the PKs never left the Young Kingdoms, or even went to the East. 

The culture shock of the new setting should be interesting. Can the PCs speak one of the local languages or are they going to have to pick it up?

5 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

That's what I figured. In Stormbringer, once the PKs can world hop the only way to keep them in one plane is to place some sort of restriction, otherwise, they can always bug out if they don't like how things are going (btw, it's the same reason why the ability to operate the transporter remotely with the communicator was removed in the original Star Trek). Of course as the GM you are always free to add an out should you later desire to let them leave the plane.  

I believe the events occurring in the novels bring the whole Cycle of the Multiverse to an end... so jumping to another plane is no escape for the PCs...

Check my Lobo Blanco - Elric RPG (now in english!)

1 hour ago, el_octogono said:

I believe the events occurring in the novels bring the whole Cycle of the Multiverse to an end... so jumping to another plane is no escape for the PCs...

Maybe, but is is very subjective as Moorcock doesn't really say. The whole thing seems to take place at about the same time as the Corum series and the multiverse seems to survive that. Plus the story with Saxif Daan, I got the impression that the wreckage from another plane was from the Young Kingdoms, so it might be that the PCs go to a time after the end of the cycle.

What we do know is that Elric survives it. So the door is open. Lots of ways a Gm can go with it.

10 hours ago, el_octogono said:

Actually, that was the honeypot for the players to go exactly THERE: Nothing can escape from there, but also, it remains unaffected by the end of the multiverse that happens everywhere else. :)