Little Questions about Augmentation

Prinz Slasar

Yes, Augmentation questions again, I know.
Sorry for that, but  I have a couple of final questions regarding augmentation. The rest of the Augmentation rules are pretty clear.

1. Experience checks for augmenting skills: So is it right, that with the GM Screen Pack its official that a successfully augmenting skill gets an experience check?
This detail is omitted in the Core Rules.

2. "The adventurer can choose to cancel the effects of inspiration at any time, if desired, but must wait until the next day to attempt it again." (RQG p 229)
Does this mean, the character can choose to cancel the successful inspiration or ALL effects of inspiration?
So, the rules assume there is a semantic difference between the terms "Inspiration" (effects of crits, specials and success) and "Turmoil"/"Despair" (effects of failures and fumbles)?

3. English isn't my native language, so maybe something has been overlooked.
Are the paragraphs for failed Runes and Passion inspirations the same in meaning with different words? Or do both have two different results?

My first thinking was, with a failed Rune Inspiration the character gets -20% for all specific Rune rolls until they can meditate on that specific Rune.
And with the failed Passion use, the character gets -10% for all rolls for the duration of the whole scene/combat whatever.

This is why I thought that the difference in the subtrahends (-20% / -10%) is valid.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by prinz.slasar

1 hour ago, prinz.slasar said:

1. Experience checks for augmenting skills: So is it right, that with the GM Screen Pack its official that a successfully augmenting skill gets an experience check?
This detail is omitted in the Core Rules.

Yes, I think so. Between Adventures does not distinguish, I'd call augmenting a "use", and they all have tick boxes.

2. "The adventurer can choose to cancel the effects of inspiration at any time, if desired, but must wait until the next day to attempt it again." (RQG p 229)
Does this mean, the character can choose to cancel the successful inspiration or ALL effects of inspiration?

I'd definitely say that it should say "cancel the bonus", not "cancel the effects"!

3. English isn't my native language, so maybe something has been overlooked.
Are the paragraphs for failed Runes and Passion inspirations the same in meaning with different words? Or do both have two different results?

Pretty much the same, mechanically, yes.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Thanks 1